Braves @ Dbacks

Unknøwn

31 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

You know...today is the day I think I realize I'm at peace if this team loses the division/doesn't make the playoffs.

Lineup is great and i like the rotation but we're not going ANYWHERE with this bullpen.  Reminds me of some of those 90s bullpens. Snit gets a lot of grief at times and rightfully so but outside of one or two guys...who do you trust coming out of that pen?

I thought about this as well. The thing is that we’re close to clinching the division so it’s all hands on deck if you can take a win like this game. Snitker should have went with Matzek at this situation. Maybe he was looking ahead to the Padres series but you absolutely have to take care games like this as a must win. If we do that we can clinch the division earlier… which means everyone gets more rest.

This feels like a managing blunder. I’m perfectly okay with Webb but only when he’s starting an inning off instead of tasking him to take care of a challenging inning. Now Webb’s confidence is probably shot and we’ve used Matzek. This really got me scratching my head.

1 hour ago, ATLBham said:

I thought about this as well. The thing is that we’re close to clinching the division so it’s all hands on deck if you can take a win like this game. Snitker should have went with Matzek at this situation. Maybe he was looking ahead to the Padres series but you absolutely have to take care games like this as a must win. If we do that we can clinch the division earlier… which means everyone gets more rest.

This feels like a managing blunder. I’m perfectly okay with Webb but only when he’s starting an inning off instead of tasking him to take care of a challenging inning. Now Webb’s confidence is probably shot and we’ve used Matzek. This really got me scratching my head.

Webb has been pitching so well though.

He just had an off night.

That happens.....it was a bad time for it to happen but it does.

Webb is a tough minded guy.... If he wasn't the whole situation with the Mets when he hit the dude in the face would have shook him to his core.

But he went down got himself right and has been pretty fantastic since coming back up.

Winning 3 out of 4 is awesome but this felt like a series loss after we blew a 3-run lead. Blech. Let’s take 3 out of 4 against Padres and I think we clinch when we host Phillies. That being said, go Pirates!

Yep. Blew a chance for our first ever 4 game sweep against the Diamondbacks in a place that the Braves haven't had a lot of success.

It's not like Matzek pitched any better than Webb. He was giving up rockets too. Webb had been pitching well. No way to know he was going to turn back into a pumpkin right at that moment.

I don’t even think Philly is any good but it’s a big ask to ask Pittsburgh to take games from them.

i think we’re better than Philly but again…today was kind of an eye opener to me. We just can’t fix the bullpen and I think we’d just be hoping they’d figure it out. It’s not just about today, the Will Smith situation, Martin, etc. there’s just not a lot of guys you can depend on out there IMHO.

52 minutes ago, ToxicBraves said:

For the Padres game thread. The completion game was a bullpen game for them. So they used Knehr, Camarena, Crismatt, and T. Hill was the last pitcher and he can pitch again since he ended the 4th 

Without looking it up, the only thing I remember is that Freddie was batting when the game was stopped.