Jump to content

Braves @ Dbacks


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Riley might end up .300/30/100

Who's the last Braves player to do that? I know Freddie had a big 2019 but don't think he hit .300.

I don’t think Freeman has done that. Probably has been 1 stat short of doing that. The best guess would have been Chipper doing that last 

Edited by ToxicBraves
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ToxicBraves said:

I don’t think Freeman has done that. Probably has been 1 stat short of doing that. The best guess would have been Chipper doing that last 

I looked at his 2019 and didn't reize how great it was.

.295/38/128

Freddie won MVP last season but man he's been criminally underrated for some time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I looked at his 2019 and didn't reize how great it was.

.295/38/128

Freddie won MVP last season but man he's been criminally underrated for some time.

He has been. I think it’s because he’s not as flashy as some players and also not playing on a big market team. But yet the Braves are one of those teams that has a huge nation wide following. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Riley might end up .300/30/100

Who's the last Braves player to do that? I know Freddie had a big 2019 but don't think he hit .300.

 

2 minutes ago, ToxicBraves said:

I don’t think Freeman has done that. Probably has been 1 stat short of doing that. The best guess would have been Chipper doing that last 

Freddie has come close but no cigar. In 2019 he had the homeruns and RBI but his average was only .295. In 2016 he had the average and homeruns but his RBI was only 91.

Chipper is not the answer to the trivia question though. The last time the Braves had a player with a .300 average with 30 homeruns and 100 RBI they actually had 2 players do it. It was 2003 when both Javy Lopez and Gary Sheffield did it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Surprisingly Chipper only pulled off the .300 average, 30 homeruns, 100 RBI feat 5 times in his career, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001.

Injuries derailed an even greater career. It's a shame he moved to LF so the Braves could sign Vinny Castillo, that's when it started.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Injuries derailed an even greater career. It's a shame he moved to LF so the Braves could sign Vinny Castillo, that's when it started.

He made it through 2002 and 2003 playing LF just fine. He played in over 150 games each year. I can remember going to a game after 9/11 in 2001 and Chipper was playing LF. But 2004 is when the injuries hit him. He started out the season playing LF because the Braves were hoping Wes Helms could handle the 3B duties but that didn't work and after some of the injuries he moved back to 3B. But he had some really freak injuries. I'll never forget 2007 when he badly bruised both thumbs running the bases in Pittsburgh and trying to avoid a collision with Jose Bautista. Then later on that road trip Smoltzie injured a pinky in Washington and a season that started off with the Braves running away with the East at 24-12 just completely collapsed in May.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...