Braves at Giants

For the A

21 minutes ago, ToxicBraves said:

Just have to hope Phillies hit a skid at home against Baltimore and Pirates next week.If the Phillies take the lead the Braves need to stay within 2 games of the Phillies to have a chance. 

Yes.  It all still plays out to my prediction of someone from the NL West winning the entire NL.  Something has to be done about Will Smith, I don't think anyone can ignore it at this point.

1 hour ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Yes.  It all still plays out to my prediction of someone from the NL West winning the entire NL.  Something has to be done about Will Smith, I don't think anyone can ignore it at this point.

DOB wrote an article last night calling for Smith's removal as well

It’s time to make a change at closer, but whether manager Brian Snitker will concede that remains to be seen. Will Smith has allowed six homers in his past 18 appearances, and has a 5.19 ERA, .974 opponents’ OPS and four blown saves in 14 chances during that span, the latest homer and blown save coming in the ninth inning of Friday’s 11-inning series-opening loss.

I really want to win the division but it's become clear this team is what they are. A .500 club. That hot stretch was good enough to maybe win the division but it wasn't who the team is or the great awakening. It was just a hot stretch. The hope is they'll get hot at the right time but if they stumble into October it's going to be really, really tough to get by Milwaukee. Getting Acuna back and fixing the OF mess that was created by Ozuna's volatile marriage will go a long way to helping 2022. With the money flowing again we should be able to strengthen the middle relief, get a real closer and solidify the bench as well. Anthopolous did a **** of a job to get the season jump started at the deadline but it still may not be enough. 

35 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I really want to win the division but it's become clear this team is what they are. A .500 club. That hot stretch was good enough to maybe win the division but it wasn't who the team is or the great awakening. It was just a hot stretch. The hope is they'll get hot at the right time but if they stumble into October it's going to be really, really tough to get by Milwaukee. Getting Acuna back and fixing the OF mess that was created by Ozuna's volatile marriage will go a long way to helping 2022. With the money flowing again we should be able to strengthen the middle relief, get a real closer and solidify the bench as well. Anthopolous did a **** of a job to get the season jump started at the deadline but it still may not be enough. 

I think you hit the nail on the head. I was thinking about Phillies’ incredible ability to blow saves, and honestly it feels like Phillies would have gotten this division wrapped up if they were a little more reliable in their late inning bullpen management. They had that many blown saves but it also goes to show that they had a lot of opportunities to win games that they didn’t. NL East would be an amazing way to close the year but it wouldn’t bother me if we didn’t get it done. Losing a MVP candidate + rising star in Soroka + some questionable players like Smith and Smyly + Ozuna—it’s amazing we got where we are.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

DOB wrote an article last night calling for Smith's removal as well

It’s time to make a change at closer, but whether manager Brian Snitker will concede that remains to be seen. Will Smith has allowed six homers in his past 18 appearances, and has a 5.19 ERA, .974 opponents’ OPS and four blown saves in 14 chances during that span, the latest homer and blown save coming in the ninth inning of Friday’s 11-inning series-opening loss.

But yet a few weeks ago he was a complete jerk to me when I said Smith needed to be taken out of the closer's role. Dude is such a jerk to people even if they say the same thing he does. Braves should be digested that he gets paid to represent them.

52 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't think the Falcons have embarrassed themselves today. Yeah, they're not gonna win but they showed up far better than anyone could have expected.

The only embarrassing part was that last bit where the score inflated like crazy.  They actually fought well, obviously outmatched, but they didn't look lifeless.