Power Rankings / Bucs #28, Falcons #1 OH WAIT!!

Rank
2Atlanta Falcons
0-1

Previous rank: No. 26

The Falcons entered Week 1 with sky-high expectations for their offense. Julio Jones was gone, sure, but the arrival of No. 4 overall pick Kyle Pittsand a gifted play-caller in new head coach Arthur Smith seemed to be a recipe for fireworks. On Sunday, Atlanta fired off a bunch of duds. The Falcons managed just two field goals and didn't have a play from scrimmage that went beyond 18 yards in a 32-6 loss to the Eagles. Struggles on defense are expected in Atlanta this season, but Sunday's putrid performance by the offense needs to be an aberration ... or else. "I feel awful for our fans and everybody who showed up today," Smith said. "We'll do a better job. That game is not going to define us."

Rank

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1-0

Previous rank: No. 1

The Bucs committed four turnovers and surrendered 451 total yards against the Cowboys, but they found a way thanks to that little bit of magic Tom Bradyseems to bring to every team he plays for. The ageless G.O.A.T. picked apart the Dallas secondary with surgical precision and got fountain of youth-level performances from Antonio Brown and Rob Gronkowski, who accounted for more than 200 yards and three TDs. Brown looks primed for an All-Pro season, while Gronk was rampaging around the field like he was 27 again. Brady's talented group of pass catchers run so deep that a perennial Pro Bowl talent like Mike Evans can disappear from the game plan and the unit doesn't miss a beat. Scary stuff.

OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM 

LINE EM UP & LET EM PLAY!!

• HASHBROWN3 changed the title to Power Rankings / Bucs #28, Falcons #1 OH WAIT!!
2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Honestly.

..who the **** cares about power rankings after week 1?

I really don’t. I was sort of amused at the width of the spectrum. You know, morbid curiosity.

I was actually hoping we’d be even further down :ninja:

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I really don’t. I was sort of amused at the width of the spectrum. You know, morbid curiosity.

I was actually hoping we’d be even further down :ninja:

I'm surprised we can find 4 worse than us.  Giants maybe?  Who else?  Jets probably.  Who else is there? Maybe Lions that's all I can think of.

Edited by BLM

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

That’s what I was thinking.  I guess they didn’t base it all off of our lame 1 horror show.

I would slap that 32 on any team that looked like the Falcons against the Eagles.  On second thought, I think I will rank us 33rd.  The team ahead of us who does not exist is better.

8 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

I would slap that 32 on any team that looked like the Falcons against the Eagles.  On second thought, I think I will rank us 33rd.  The team ahead of us who does not exist is better.

You & me both!!  We deserve utter humiliation right now.  That’s sort of why I posted this.  It shows the glaring difference between what a team can suddenly become & what a team can continually sink to!  Hello!

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:
Rank
2Atlanta Falcons
0-1

Previous rank: No. 26

The Falcons entered Week 1 with sky-high expectations for their offense. Julio Jones was gone, sure, but the arrival of No. 4 overall pick Kyle Pittsand a gifted play-caller in new head coach Arthur Smith seemed to be a recipe for fireworks. On Sunday, Atlanta fired off a bunch of duds. The Falcons managed just two field goals and didn't have a play from scrimmage that went beyond 18 yards in a 32-6 loss to the Eagles. Struggles on defense are expected in Atlanta this season, but Sunday's putrid performance by the offense needs to be an aberration ... or else. "I feel awful for our fans and everybody who showed up today," Smith said. "We'll do a better job. That game is not going to define us."

Rank

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1-0

Previous rank: No. 1

The Bucs committed four turnovers and surrendered 451 total yards against the Cowboys, but they found a way thanks to that little bit of magic Tom Bradyseems to bring to every team he plays for. The ageless G.O.A.T. picked apart the Dallas secondary with surgical precision and got fountain of youth-level performances from Antonio Brown and Rob Gronkowski, who accounted for more than 200 yards and three TDs. Brown looks primed for an All-Pro season, while Gronk was rampaging around the field like he was 27 again. Brady's talented group of pass catchers run so deep that a perennial Pro Bowl talent like Mike Evans can disappear from the game plan and the unit doesn't miss a beat. Scary stuff.

OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM 

LINE EM UP & LET EM PLAY!!

Hey look at it this way, it could be worse, you could be a Falcons fan and a UAB fan! A 'curb stomping' weekend!

4 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Niece plays soccer for UAB lol.  I told my brother she needed to get suited up at halftime 😜

They don't travel well! They win 2 straight C-USA titles and they beat Jacksonville State 31-0 in a warm up game and Jacks st. goes on to beat Florida St. but UAB goes to GA and they stay on the bus. You never know with UAB. I understand they have excellent soccer teams, I don't keep up with that as I'm not a soccer fan. Both of my Grand Daughters graduated from UAB. None played sports however.

18 minutes ago, slider said:

They don't travel well! They win 2 straight C-USA titles and they beat Jacksonville State 31-0 in a warm up game and Jacks st. goes on to beat Florida St. but UAB goes to GA and they stay on the bus. You never know with UAB. I understand they have excellent soccer teams, I don't keep up with that as I'm not a soccer fan. Both of my Grand Daughters graduated from UAB. None played sports however.

Awesome!  Their run actually hung in there but dogs hit like six straight long scoring TD’s.  

13 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Awesome!  Their run actually hung in there but dogs hit like six straight long scoring TD’s.  

That was brutal. I was actually thinking the entire secondary was off taking a leak! I just hope it spurs them on for better things the rest of the way. One day I'd like to see them be able to move up into a higher conference with all the re-alignment. Big East (AAC) then ACC maybe one day?

Edited by slider

1 minute ago, slider said:

That was brutal. I was actually thinking the entire secondary was off taking a leak! I just hope it spurs them on for better things the rest of the way. One day I'd like to see them be able to move up into a higher conference with all the re-alignment. Big East then ACC maybe one day?

Roddy White’s Alma Mater bro!  I hear they have a decent team man so keep the faith. The Dawgs are for real bud!  Nothing to be ashamed of considering how well that run D looked.  We’re talking huge difference in recruiting here buddy.  Lots of these men will be pros.