Which game was worse the 38-0 loss to Carolina in 2015 or 32-6 to the Eagles?

Which game do you think the Falcons looked worse in the 38-0 loss to the Panthers or the 32-6 loss to the Eagles? 

I'm just hoping the Falcons can bounce back from this 32-6 loss to the Eagles like they did the 38-0 loss to the Panthers. If our o line ever gets it together I like our chances.

41 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Panthers loss wasn't as bad.

Falcons had already proved they could play that season.

Also Ryan and Julio were in their primes and had many years left.

That being said I think the Falcons are better than they looked but I think the end result will be the same as 2015.... a .500 team and no post-season.

At this point I'll take it. We look like a 3-14 team on Sunday. And NOT a 3-14 team that SHOULD be 8-9 like last year's team.

1 hour ago, Snowen said:

We always seem to suck week 1.. Didn't we lose week 1 in 2016 vs the Bucs pretty poorly (a Bucs team that was 6-10 the year prior) and then we went on our SB run? Hopefully its similar.

We lost, but by a touchdown. It's also worth noting that we started that 2016 season 7-5 and at that point, were fighting for a wild card spot. We went on a run starting in week 13. 

2015 was worse.

everything was riding on that game. We win, we take the division and get a home playoff game. We lose, we are out. And we got blown out the frame by a divisional rival in our house that we already beat earlier in the season.

This one hurt, no doubt, but it’s only week 1. Plenty of time to turn it around. That being said, it’s not looking good.

8 minutes ago, The Martyr said:

2015 was worse.

everything was riding on that game. We win, we take the division and get a home playoff game. We lose, we are out. And we got blown out the frame by a divisional rival in our house that we already beat earlier in the season.

This one hurt, no doubt, but it’s only week 1. Plenty of time to turn it around. That being said, it’s not looking good.

You’re thinking 2014 week 17. OP is about 2015 week 14 against the then undefeated panthers. 

16 hours ago, high impact said:

At this point all I am asking for is to see improvement each week. Anything more and it would be a big win. 

That's how I approached the 2016 season after the bucs loss week 1. That's how I will approach this season. Show me some progress week to week. I don't expect much this weekend, but starting week 3 lol

Edited by dodge_birds_fan

To me, No doubt, Eagles made us look worse than any other Game I can remember. .OH man,,  It was bad,, Even worse than any game I've ever seen.. And that's the truth.. And here I was thinking nobody can beat us this year.. Wow!! Just Wow !!!  It was like watching a bad bad night mare...  One thing about it ! We can't get any worse than that.  So we are at rock bottom right now... And I've never said that. It was pitiful !  All we can do is go up,, WE can't get any worse.

3 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Meh. 2004, Chiefs 56 Falcons 10...

Chiefs rack up 8...EIGHT...rushing tds...

We did get beat by more points.. But IMO we looked Worst against the Eagles than any game ever , 

And I've been a fan since 1972 ,, Never seen Ryan look like he's was trying to wake up from a bad bad  nightmare. But he just couldn't wake up .... And when he did.. He screamed ,, Oh No!! IT was REAL,, It really was Real and as bad as I thought it was !! :fuego:

7 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

We did get beat by more points.. But IMO we looked Worst against the Eagles than any game ever , 

And I've been a fan since 1972 ,, Never seen Ryan look like he's was trying to wake up from a bad bad  nightmare. But he just couldn't wake up .... And when he did.. He screamed ,, Oh No!! IT was REAL,, It really was Real and as bad as I thought it was !! :fuego:

I gotta admit, I was a little like that...that game last week took a little part of my soul...I'm used to the Falcons falconing, but that was over the top, even for the Falcons...got me wondering how many more 3 hour chunks of Sundays I want to waste watching something I love get curb stomped...

I was there in person for both. 

The Carolina loss was more humiliating, and had a bigger impact because technically the division was on the line. 

Sunday's loss was only worse in the sense that Arthur Smith had not yet given us reason to question whether he has what it takes. By 2015, Falcons fans had good reasons to believe Mike Snith wasn't the right guy. (I am thinking of the 34-3 loss in the last game of 2014)

Edited by Kaptain Krazy

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Panthers loss wasn't as bad.

Falcons had already proved they could play that season.

Also Ryan and Julio were in their primes and had many years left.

That being said I think the Falcons are better than they looked but I think the end result will be the same as 2015.... a .500 team and no post-season.

If we end this season at .500 or better and Matt is alive I call it a win

5 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

I was there in person for both. 

The Carolina loss was more humiliating, and had a bigger impact because technically the division was on the line. 

Sunday's loss was only worse in the sense that Arthur Smith had not yet given us reason to question whether he has what it takes. By 2015, Falcons fans had good reasons to believe Mike Snith wasn't the right guy. 

You are KraZy.

In 2015 Mike Snith was throwing touchdowns and taking names!

But seriously, in 2015 the Dan Quinn led Falcons playing the undefeated Panthers was completely different.

The Panthers scored so quickly it took the Falcons completely out of their game plan and made them completely one-dimensional in almost literally the first 5 minutes of the game.

The Eagles game was a slow burn. The Falcons got punched in the face.... repeatedly and slowly.