PFF Grades from Sunday 🙈

Note: Dalman had 5 snaps and Gossett just 2.

Utter domination along the LoS. Grady was mostly invisible and no other DL stood up. Debo and Foye were also barely visible. Felt like defense was just holding on for most of the game even when it got stops. The interior OL has to be better. Mayfield may be a long term move, but he was not ready for starter reps. It’s not going to get easier with Suh and Vea.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:
Mayfield may be a long term move, but he was not ready for starter reps. It’s not going to get easier with Suh and Vea.

After watching Vea be a bowling ball/one man wrecking crew against the Cowboys oline. I'm not sure I want to watch the game vs the Bucs. 

So Mayfield has a 1.4 blocking grade, looked terrible. 

Basically ANY other OL would have done better than Mayfield, so I don't want to hear any excuses of why he HAD to be played by AS.  I am questioning AS ability to evaluate players. He had to know he wasn't ready, and if he didn't, that is a major issue.

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Not surprised that he got a terrible grade, but 1.4? Just like Birchfield, I didn’t even know that was possible. 

Fair enough, but jesus, deciding to roll with him was so questionable.  Even in preseason I thought it was a decent chance he wouldn't make the team if we are being honest.

There is zero chance there isn't a warm body somewhere that couldn't do a better job than that yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:
Mayfield may be a long term move, but he was not ready for starter reps. It’s not going to get easier with Suh and Vea.

He's 21 years old, 3 years out of high school, and is just a normal guy carrying a lot of sloppy weight to be 300 lbs. He doesn't have a body from the gods where he can be a huge svelte athletic guy. He needs at least a year or two of NFL strength and conditioning to change bad weight into good weight. 

Just now, Mister pudding said:

Could be... but a positive sample nonetheless. Isn't this a competion based coaching philosophy? 

It was just 5 snaps and one rep he was easily bull rushed; his scouting report pointing out that weakness stayed true. His grade likely dips with more reps just like Mayfield was hung out to dry not being prepared. Dude turned 21 a few months ago. He switched sides and positions as a rookie. He actually wasn’t bad in the run game, but he was in over his head pass blocking. Smith did say the best players will play. Lets see how it unfolds moving forward. Mayfield is taking lumps for sure. Dalman isn’t ready either. Gossett may be the best option but was a recent acquisition on game week.

9 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

Thanks for this. My scapegoat for yesterday is Gage. I'd love to see his snap count, but when WR#2 has zero catches when Ridley got the amount of attention he got... I think we need an upgrade. 

ESPN shows him only receiving 2 targets. Pitts got 8. 

26 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

He's 21 years old, 3 years out of high school, and is just a normal guy carrying a lot of sloppy weight to be 300 lbs. He doesn't have a body from the gods where he can be a huge svelte athletic guy. He needs at least a year or two of NFL strength and conditioning to change bad weight into good weight. 

so a project? who had no business being drafted in the top 100?

6 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Cominsky should have not made this team.. I made a post about this last mouth.. It's obvious that He don't have the pro skills needed to be here. Oh well, they'll figure it out sooner of latter.. I just hope they figure it out in time for us to make a run.

Cominsky wouldn't make it in XFL. How often does a man his size fail to bring another man to the ground.

Maybe all that has taken place will help the New Coaches to learn even more about how to go about building a team.. Even thou it looked so bay Sunday.. It's really not as bad as it seems.. They will figure it out,, just hope it's in time to have a chance to make the playoffs.