Braves vs Marlins

ATLBham

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You mean I complained about the Braves allowing first inning runs for the 4th straight game and then when the Braves went down in order in the 3rd or 4th inning? OMG!!! How dare me express my frustrations!! Please hang me from the highest tree for being a human being with real emotions and for making those emotions public!!

Now you are micromanaging down to the inning. Yeah dude, it’s a bit much….

I agreed with you that sweeping the Nats was the only acceptable result, but when you start nitpicking about a new analytic category that you just invented, “Win Quality”, I totally jumped off your bandwagon. I swear I think you’d be disappointed with this team if they went 162-0, winning every game by one run. Youd complain that we weren’t dominant and you’d find some stupid stat that would prompt you to say we suck. Just like your stupid assessment of Adam Duvall that he was awful at a time when he was 2nd in the league in RBI. 

Edited by Epic Hot Takes

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That is true but they need to start showing it soon. Maybe tonight was the start of that.

I’d say starting the hot streak on game 1 of the NLDS would be the optimal time. It’s better than starting it now because chances are it wears off before the playoffs. 

6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly!!! Thank you for proving my point. You can be happy the Braves have taken advantage of being in a terrible division but trying to act like this is a good team that is capable of making noise in October is dishonest!!

Dude, we lost our best player, our best pitcher and our starting left fielder who led the league in home runs last year. We have dealt with more adversity than we have had in the last 3 years and we are up 4.5 games. Stop watching if you can’t enjoy it and just want to ***** about everything you see. Seriously, it’s not worth the blood pressure increase of it’s not enjoyable. This is coming from someone who had a triple bypass in May…

7 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You need to go back to page one of this series when I wasn't even the first person to mention the Nationals series. A couple dudes were bragging about the Braves winning the series against the Nationals and I asked how they could consider that series to be a success because I was focused on how the Braves played that series. Not that they won the series because unlike folks here I want the Braves to start playing World Series winning baseball which did not happen in the Nationals series. Maybe you're right and come October they'll just flip the switch but I have serious doubts because I believe in the old saying "you play how practice and you practice how you play" and these games are essentially practice games for the Braves since it would take a big collapse for them to blow this and miss the playoffs.

Went back to page 1. You took these two comments and viewed it as “bragging”. “Keep taking care of business” and “yup.. one series at a time”. You asked if they viewed that series (that we won and padded our division lead) as a success. They explained what’s in parentheses and it went right over your head. 

And now you’re bringing practice into the picture? Huh?

World Series winning baseball gets played in October. 

10 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Tonight was a much needed good pitching performance!! Ian Anderson after a rough 1st inning got back on track and the bullpen had a much needed scoreless outing. Even Will Smith joined the party tonight and tossed a clean inning. Haven't seen one of those in a minute or two. Offense took advantage of some defensive mistakes by the Marlins and overall was a solid team win. These are the kind of games I want to see more of! Tonight was winning baseball.

This is all I ever wanted and it didn’t happen against the Nationals. But thanks you to this message board for proving me right. Not one like or response to a positive post. All this message board cares about is treating me like complete dog mess cause I’m extremely critical of things and I’m not afraid to express that. Nope, positivity only is allowed on here and anything that is spoken in the most glowing terms gets slammed. Now I truly understand why Malachore always got defensive. It’s easy to do when you’re the target of all the nuthuggers on here lead by king nut himself. But all goes back to people reporting me for cussing on here. Welp, you guys got your wish. You want me gone and now I am. I don’t have to put up with this crap. I’ll never understand why the whole world hates me but whatever. I’m used to it.

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Thank you to those of you who aren't continuously getting into silly arguments down here. You are greatly appreciated. 

Who knew simply expressing that I wanted the Braves to play better despite them winning games would cause such a mess. But that's what happens around these parts with king homer trying to police people's posts and fandom. I guarantee he's probably one of the jerks that reported me for cussing. But it's all good now. I finally put him on block like I should have done a long time ago. But lesson learned.

17 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The Braves may have won the series but they played like crap doing it. They’re not playing good ball right now. That’s the issue. The bullpen has completely fallen apart and the only way the Braves can score is to hit homeruns. When they don’t hit homeruns they don’t win. This is not a good way to attempt to win in October. We need the team from August to show up if we’re to win in October. Simply just making the playoffs isn’t good enough.

16 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I guess I just have higher expectations than you guys and I’m not just happy to see a win. I wanna see good crisp play. Shoddy play doesn’t entertain me. Doing everything you can to lose doesn’t entertain me.

16 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

But it’s not fun to watch. It’s not one bit entertaining. And I’m sorry, I can’t just be like the rest of you and follow the Brian Snitker lead of “ah, shucks.” That crap is annoying!! Show some fire!! Show some give a darn!! Show me you care!!! Your words mean nothing to me!!

11 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The real problem as has been expressed in one of these many threads is that the Braves have been extremely sloppy and not playing well for several games now, and especially against the Nationals. Tonight was the first game out of the last 4 that they actually played good in. I'm sorry, but watching the Braves play like crap doesn't entertain me. I don't care if they still win if they play like crap like they did in the Nationals series. I can't just say "well at least they won" like you and the others here do. The Braves are entertainment and entertainment is supposed to be enjoyable and Braves were not enjoyable to watch against the Nationals. Tonight's game was much more entertaining cause they actually played well.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Who knew simply expressing that I wanted the Braves to play better despite them winning games would cause such a mess. But that's what happens around these parts with king homer trying to police people's posts and fandom. I guarantee he's probably one of the jerks that reported me for cussing. But it's all good now. I finally put him on block like I should have done a long time ago. But lesson learned.

Wow.. there were multiple people refuting you, but okay.. and I’ve already answered your question concerning if I reported you for cussing. Once again, no. 

I’d go further into this, but at this point, meh.. bye

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Again, thank you to those who understand what comes with being a sports fan and not continuously arguing from forum to forum with people weekly. We really appreciate you 

At some point we must acknowledge that if we’re going to post every thought in our head, we must also prepare ourselves for the responses. If you’d rather not, then maybe consider not posting that particular thought. If you’re gonna feel “treated like dog mess” by others giving feedback, then maybe reconsider your stance or posting. 

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

At some point we must acknowledge that if we’re going to post every thought in our head, we must also prepare ourselves for the responses. If you’d rather not, then maybe consider not posting that particular thought. If you’re gonna feel “treated like dog mess” by others giving feedback, then maybe reconsider your stance or posting. 

Let it go. There's no need to continue this.

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

You can also grow up and ignore things. He can express his feelings just as everyone else can. I'm not going to bicker back and forth with you, it's getting tiresome to be honest. 

Both of you need to learn to let things go and move on because I'm pretty sure these other guys don't want to keep reading the back and forth bickering. Everyone is grown here. 

Enjoy your day everyone. If the Braves are playing today, good luck. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You can also grow up and ignore things. He can express his feelings just as everyone else can. I'm not going to bicker back and forth with you, it's getting tiresome to be honest. 

Both of you need to learn to let things go and move on because I'm pretty sure these other guys don't want to keep reading the back and forth bickering. Everyone is grown here. 

Enjoy your day everyone. If the Braves are playing today, good luck. 

Those two things aren’t synonymous. Again, if someone has the right to post their opinion, so do others. I’ve certainly kept it civil. 

but yes.. done. Sorry everyone.