Braves vs Marlins

ATLBham

If Atlanta were in the AL East, we'd be fifth (!).

If Atlanta were in the AL Central, we'd be second.

If Atlanta were in the AL West, we'd be fourth.

If Atlanta were in the NL West, we'd be a distant third, 12 1/2 games out of second.

If Atlanta were in the NL Central, we'd be second, 11 games out of first.

THANK GOD we're in the NL East, where we somehow have a 4 1/2 game lead.

15 minutes ago, jidady said:

If Atlanta were in the NL West, we'd be a distant third, 12 1/2 games out of second.

Exactly!!! Thank you for proving my point. You can be happy the Braves have taken advantage of being in a terrible division but trying to act like this is a good team that is capable of making noise in October is dishonest!!

Tonight was a much needed good pitching performance!! Ian Anderson after a rough 1st inning got back on track and the bullpen had a much needed scoreless outing. Even Will Smith joined the party tonight and tossed a clean inning. Haven't seen one of those in a minute or two. Offense took advantage of some defensive mistakes by the Marlins and overall was a solid team win. These are the kind of games I want to see more of! Tonight was winning baseball.

44 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Dubya 

I hope this win satisfies our run differential requirement.

Im Out Amy Poehler GIF by FOX TV

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the minimum requirement is any win that didn’t provide a save opportunity because if we needed Will Smith to close it, it wasn’t dominating enough. 

In that case, we only have 30 wins this year that meet that requirement, wins by a 4 run margin or greater. 

Edited by Epic Hot Takes

8 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Tonight was a much needed good pitching performance!! Ian Anderson after a rough 1st inning got back on track and the bullpen had a much needed scoreless outing. Even Will Smith joined the party tonight and tossed a clean inning. Haven't seen one of those in a minute or two. Offense took advantage of some defensive mistakes by the Marlins and overall was a solid team win. These are the kind of games I want to see more of! Tonight was winning baseball.

@TheTrue7 Look, it's a positive comment from me that you'll just ignore like most of my positive comments but you feel the need to focus only on the negative things I say and do. You're just doing like most of the folks here did. A few days ago I compared this year to 2001 (a year the Braves actually won a playoff series) and guess how many likes it go? Absolutely none. I wonder why? It was a positive comment. Most of my positive comments get ignored but let me say something negative and everyone is gonna make sure to let me know about it. It's exactly what @ya_boi_j was talking about over on TATF a few days ago. Make a positive thread and it's gonna get ignored but make a negative thread and you're golden!! That's the way people treat me. But that's my life here and on Twitter so whatever.

35 minutes ago, jidady said:

We also would be in the driver seat for the 2nd wild card birth.

38 minutes ago, jidady said:

We also don’t have Arizona, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Minnesota, or Texas in our division to beat up on like those teams have.  Actually, I think the Twins have gotten better over the year, so they might not fit the argument. :)

14 minutes ago, Epic Hot Takes said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the minimum requirement is any win that didn’t provide a save opportunity because if we needed Will Smith to close it, it wasn’t dominating enough. 

In that case, we only have 30 wins this year that meet that requirement, wins by a 4 run margin or greater. 

Good thing a win isn’t based on that huh? 

12 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

@TheTrue7 Look, it's a positive comment from me that you'll just ignore like most of my positive comments but you feel the need to focus only on the negative things I say and do. You're just doing like most of the folks here did. A few days ago I compared this year to 2001 (a year the Braves actually won a playoff series) and guess how many likes it go? Absolutely none. I wonder why? It was a positive comment. Most of my positive comments get ignored but let me say something negative and everyone is gonna make sure to let me know about it. It's exactly what @ya_boi_j was talking about over on TATF a few days ago. Make a positive thread and it's gonna get ignored but make a negative thread and you're golden!! That's the way people treat me. But that's my life here and on Twitter so whatever.

Wake Up Reaction GIF by Originals

6 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

You were earlier.. and have been since our last victory

You mean I complained about the Braves allowing first inning runs for the 4th straight game and then when the Braves went down in order in the 3rd or 4th inning? OMG!!! How dare me express my frustrations!! Please hang me from the highest tree for being a human being with real emotions and for making those emotions public!!

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

You mean I complained about the Braves allowing first inning runs for the 4th straight game and then when the Braves went down in order in the 3rd or 4th inning? OMG!!! How dare me express my frustrations!! Please hang me from the highest tree for being a human being with real emotions and for making those emotions public!!

Yet we’ve won 3 of our last 4. Again, what’s the REAL problem?

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Yet we’ve won 3 of our last 4. Again, what’s the REAL problem?

The real problem as has been expressed in one of these many threads is that the Braves have been extremely sloppy and not playing well for several games now, and especially against the Nationals. Tonight was the first game out of the last 4 that they actually played good in. I'm sorry, but watching the Braves play like crap doesn't entertain me. I don't care if they still win if they play like crap like they did in the Nationals series. I can't just say "well at least they won" like you and the others here do. The Braves are entertainment and entertainment is supposed to be enjoyable and Braves were not enjoyable to watch against the Nationals. Tonight's game was much more entertaining cause they actually played well.

16 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The real problem as has been expressed in one of these many threads is that the Braves have been extremely sloppy and not playing well for several games now, and especially against the Nationals. Tonight was the first game out of the last 4 that they actually played good in. I'm sorry, but watching the Braves play like crap doesn't entertain me. I don't care if they still win if they play like crap like they did in the Nationals series. I can't just say "well at least they won" like you and the others here do. The Braves are entertainment and entertainment is supposed to be enjoyable and Braves were not enjoyable to watch against the Nationals. Tonight's game was much more entertaining cause they actually played well.

Yet you bring it into a Marlins game thread. And that same team you were comparing our victories versus the Nationals against is getting manhandled by the team we just beat. 

4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Yet you bring it into a Marlins game thread. And that same team you were comparing our victories versus the Nationals against is getting manhandled by the team we just beat. 

You need to go back to page one of this series when I wasn't even the first person to mention the Nationals series. A couple dudes were bragging about the Braves winning the series against the Nationals and I asked how they could consider that series to be a success because I was focused on how the Braves played that series. Not that they won the series because unlike folks here I want the Braves to start playing World Series winning baseball which did not happen in the Nationals series. Maybe you're right and come October they'll just flip the switch but I have serious doubts because I believe in the old saying "you play how practice and you practice how you play" and these games are essentially practice games for the Braves since it would take a big collapse for them to blow this and miss the playoffs.