Braves agree to extension with Morton

Unknøwn

2 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

With this extension and tda. Freddie will get extended. Just a matter of time.

I think the Freeman extension is done. Salary is probably agreed on and maybe some small details need to be ironed out or they don’t want to release it yet to keep the focus on this year. I don’t see AA giving out these extensions not knowing what Freeman’s salary will be. 

18 minutes ago, ToxicBraves said:

I think the Freeman extension is done. Salary is probably agreed on and maybe some small details need to be ironed out or they don’t want to release it yet to keep the focus on this year. I don’t see AA giving out these extensions not knowing what Freeman’s salary will be. 

Agreed. I think they know who they will resign and who will go. I think they try to resign the following:

soler, Duvall, peterson

let go:

martin, ender, smyly 

non tender candidates

newkcomb, minter

1 hour ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Agreed. I think they know who they will resign and who will go. I think they try to resign the following:

soler, Duvall, peterson

let go:

martin, ender, smyly 

non tender candidates

newkcomb, minter

Well Ender is already gone. They'll buy out Tomlin.

I think Duvall is a given. They'll try to get Soler back if there's a DH next year. Pederson I'm not sold on yet.

Martin is good as gone. Smyly I could see them bringing back as a swingman if that's a role he'd embrace. They'll tender Swanson, Jackson, Soroka, Fried, Minter, Rodriguez, and Heredia. They'll non-tender Dayton and Camargo. Arcia and Newcomb could go either way, Newcomb really needs to show out here this month.

On 9/6/2021 at 2:40 PM, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Mostly not surprised by this due to how well he's pitched for us this year. However, I am a bit surprised by it due to him seriously considering retirement last year (before dipping his arm in the fountain of youth), and the fact that it is for $20 million. No discount here. He's been great for us, but that's a lot. He has been healthy, is very consistent, hasn't lost velocity, and has mostly pitched like an ace all year. 

I guess it's:

Morton/Fried/Anderson/Touki/someone

To start the season next year. 

Glad he's coming back. 

I’d like to think Davidson and Muller will play into this. Both have lots of promise. Davidson did pretty well in his stint in the bigs

8 hours ago, BraveFan66 said:

I’d like to think Davidson and Muller will play into this. Both have lots of promise. Davidson did pretty well in his stint in the bigs

Yeah, and I obviously missed putting Ynoa in there. In fact, I'd say Ynoa is close to a lock, with Toussaint, Davidson, Muller, and Wright looking to be the primary 5th starter. Of course in spring training, you usually break camp with the 5 guys that are healthy vs the 5 guys you thought you'd go north with.

31 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Yeah, and I obviously missed putting Ynoa in there. In fact, I'd say Ynoa is close to a lock, with Toussaint, Davidson, Muller, and Wright looking to be the primary 5th starter. Of course in spring training, you usually break camp with the 5 guys that are healthy vs the 5 guys you thought you'd go north with.

I know I’m living in fantasy land but I can dream about a world where the Braves sign Max Scherzer.