Braves at Rockies

ATLBham

6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Absolutely ducking pathetic!!! Braves go down in order in the 9th on only 4 pitches!! Pathetic!! Braves need a whole new coaching staff!! Not gonna win crap with this coaching staff!!

In a nutshell, this team is just not elite… from Snit downward. They are doing the best THEY KNOW HOW TO but they are not good enough to sustain it. In Snit’s defense, he’s an old school guy that goes on feelings and hunches that’s trying hard to incorporate analytics into his philosophy, most likely by AA’s directive. It’s a constant conflict in his brain. 

12 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't get it. Brian Snitker just stands there and takes it. I don't get it. If I was Braves manager I would be ejected from every game and have a million dollars in fines. It's just brutal. I just wanna scream but hey, whatever.

If you were Braves manager you’d have this team burned out by the end of April, chock full of Billy Martin-style clubhouse fist fights and civil unrest. Every time they made an out or an error they’d return to the dugout via the opposite end from you to hide. But I gotta admit, I’d be grabbing my popcorn enjoying the show. It would never be dull!

Edited by BraveFan66

10 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup.

"Replay" has played a big role in 2 of the Braves recent losses.

Replay has made these umpires even worse at what they do. It has virtually eliminated managers storming the field and getting in their face, so they don’t have that fear anymore. And they don’t GAF about making a correct call because replay will bail them out. Instead of an argument the manager just picks up the phone to check it. And then the idiots in NY that get it wrong are protected by distance. No accountability anywhere. 

Personally I think it’s ridiculous that every single play can be reviewed. I say give the manager 3 challenges per game (whether upheld or reversed) and that’s it. That way they’ll use them wisely and it won’t drag down the game pace. 

And why do all 4 umpires have to run into the tunnel to hear from NY? The crew chief should have an earpiece and hear directly from them without havIng to leave the field. I personally think the umpire that made the call should be the one to uphold or reverse the call from the jumbotron. He should stand on second base and watch it with all the fans and make a call right there and then, facing the music. He’s the one that effed up the call, he should not be bailed out by a faceless entity. And then if he effs up the replay call, then the manager can come out and rip him a new one. 

Edited by BraveFan66

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

Clashes with football though so I'm sure the ratings will take a hit with UGA playing Clemson at the same time. 

Yep. Auburn and South Carolina both play at the same time too. My attention will be divided for sure. Gonna have to just listen to the Braves game while trying to watch 3 football games at once.

3 minutes ago, ToxicBraves said:

What is a local radio station that does UGA football games. See if I can listen to the game when my cell service is decent. 

Can you listen to UGA games online? I gave up trying to listen to sporting events online years ago when MLB and NFL had that major crackdown that made websites like Tune In stop working.

3 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I think toxic lives in Louisiana and dealing with power issues. 

Yes I am, latest update had power coming back on Monday.  But was hoping I could listen by going to a local stations web site. For whatever reason ESPN app and website is hard for me to access so I can’t listen through that.