Braves at Rockies

ATLBham

11 minutes ago, Jimsmusic™ said:

uh oh guys.. here it goes.. will smith 1 run game on the road.. 😕

10 minutes ago, dmite said:

Hold onto your butts Braves fans. 

9 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Will Smith trying to get 3 outs before giving up 1 run?

200.gif

8 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Okay, could somebody just pm me whether or not we win. I can't sit through will smith trying to protect a one run lead.

7 minutes ago, Jimsmusic™ said:

and a single first AB.. AWESOME WILL AWESOME

7 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Please help us 

Y'all worry too much.

This year is starting to feel a lot like 2001 for the Braves. That year the Braves didn't get over .500 for until June and they usually hovered no more than 10 or so games over all season. Biggest division lead all season was only 3.5 games. Trailed by as many as 8 on June 1st. They finished with 88 wins and were only 2 games better than the Phillies and 6 up on the Mets. Braves then swept the Astros in the NLDS before falling to the Diamondbacks in the NLCS in 5.

4 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

This year is starting to feel a lot like 2001 for the Braves. That year the Braves didn't get over .500 for until June and they usually hovered no more than 10 or so games over all season. Biggest division lead all season was only 3.5 games. Trailed by as many as 8 on June 1st. They finished with 88 wins and were only 2 games better than the Phillies and 6 up on the Mets. Braves then swept the Astros in the NLDS before falling to the Diamondbacks in the NLCS in 5.

**** Rain Man do you remember this stuff or did you do a comprehensive game by game research of the 2001 season?

Just now, Unknøwn said:

Rockies are tough at home. They're 43-23 at Coors. That's second to the Dodgers for best home record. Good to go out and take a 1-0 lead. 

Rockies have historically been good at home but I believe equally as bad on the road. It’s a tough gig for pitchers. Has there ever been a Rockie pitcher make an all star team? Jiminez and Freeland come to mind but not much else. 

2 hours ago, BraveFan66 said:

Rockies have historically been good at home but I believe equally as bad on the road. It’s a tough gig for pitchers. Has there ever been a Rockie pitcher make an all star team? Jiminez and Freeland come to mind but not much else. 

I went back and looked because I knew Mike Hampton did.

He finish the year with a 5.41 ERA. 🤣