Giants @ Braves

Unknøwn

3 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

It depends. Some guys throw a light bullpen the day before a start. I know the day after is a non throwing day for sure. Some don't throw thr day before or after. 

I'm probably nitpicking nothing. I'm just so disappointed that Smyly is still in the rotation and Touki has been banished to the bullpen when that should have been the other way around.

32 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm probably nitpicking nothing. I'm just so disappointed that Smyly is still in the rotation and Touki has been banished to the bullpen when that should have been the other way around.

They've been flirting with the idea of a 6 man rotation so they might both be starting some games. 

5 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

They've been flirting with the idea of a 6 man rotation so they might both be starting some games. 

That’s not the worst idea in the world. Especially with Anderson coming back from the shoulder issue. Try to keep the guys a little fresher for the playoffs.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That’s not the worst idea in the world. Especially with Anderson coming back from the shoulder issue. Try to keep the guys a little fresher for the playoffs.

That's when Snitker mentioned he may start Touki in Denver but wouldn't lock it in. It's one of those situations where if he isn't needed to eat innings then he'll start

On 8/28/2021 at 2:50 PM, dmite said:

It’s the walks and hit batsmen that have killed him before those big hits this year.  Also while the batting average against is down, it seems the outs are usually squared up and hard hit, but defense is making the play thankfully.  His Ks are surprisingly up too so he’s fooling people with pitch selection, I think his precision is down though and too many mistakes get too much of the plate. 

I think his stuff has just slightly backed up and his command hasn't improved to compensate. 

17 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

That's when Snitker mentioned he may start Touki in Denver but wouldn't lock it in. It's one of those situations where if he isn't needed to eat innings then he'll start

Guessing it will be:
MON: Smyly
TUE: Morton
WED: Fried
THU: Ynoa
FRI: Toussaint
SAT: Anderson (gives an extra day of rest coming off the IL)
SUN: Smyly

The winning has come to an abrupt halt. I was hoping for .500 against the big boys(NY,SF and LA)...not happening. Unless they win tomorrow it will be .250 for those 8 games. If you remove that one outlier 9 run game, they're only averaging about 2.5 runs/game for those remaining six games. The offense, although looking good on paper, just doesn't seem to have the fire power vs the real contenders. We can only hope they play above their heads down the stretch.

Edited by gp_74

8 hours ago, gp_74 said:

The winning has come to an abrupt halt. I was hoping for .500 against the big boys(NY,SF and LA)...not happening. Unless they win tomorrow it will be .250. If you remove that one outlier 9 run game, they're only averaging about 2.5 runs/game for the remaining six games. The offense, although looking good on paper, just doesn't seem to have the fire power vs the real contenders. We can only hope they play above their heads down the stretch.

Offense started struggling against the Marlins and Orioles. Braves have scored 3 runs or fewer in 7 of their last 12 games. They’ve scored 49 runs in those 12 games. That’s 4.0 runs per game. But that’s badly skewed by a game with 11 runs and another with 9. They those out and Braves have scored 29 runs in 10 games. That’s only 2.9 runs per game. You’re not gonna win many games scoring 3 runs per game.

5 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Offense started struggling against the Marlins and Orioles. Braves have scored 3 runs or fewer in 7 of their last 12 games. They’ve scored 49 runs in those 12 games. That’s 4.0 runs per game. But that’s badly skewed by a game with 11 runs and another with 9. They those out and Braves have scored 29 runs in 10 games. That’s only 2.9 runs per game. You’re not gonna win many games scoring 3 runs per game.

Yep, and on paper the lineup looks good. All too often though, they seem to be struggling to put up runs. They definitely live and die by the long ball and struggle mightily to manufacture runs. That's a recipe for disaster. We can only hope they catch some kind of fire offensively down the stretch.

1 minute ago, gp_74 said:

Yep, and on paper the lineup looks good. All too often though, they seem to be struggling to put up runs. They definitely live and die by the long ball and struggle mightily to manufacture runs. That's a recipe for disaster. We can only hope they catch some kind of fire offensively down the stretch.

When they were going good they were walking a ton. The walks have dried up and now the runs have as well.