Braves at Orioles

For the A

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Max Fried does it!!! Braves win 3-0!! Fried pulls a Maddux with a complete game shutout on only 89 pitches!!!

This should be the goal and expectation of every starting pitcher. To be so efficient that a CG is possible. No it’s not likely but it should be the goal. 

21 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Am I the only one who thinks Folty may have been on the juice?

He got mighty skinny

Nah, hes not. Peter Moylan touched on his weight last season. Moylan is pretty much his best friend. Moylan said Folty just struggles mentally to stay in the right place during the offseason. He just has a lot going on mentally thats unfortunately been a severe hindrance to his career. 

Phillies up 3-2 in the 4th.

Mets losing 3-1 

If the Phillies win the Braves would be tied with SD. Of course a Philly loss gives the Braves a 5 game lead. The Braves are still a healthy 7 games back of Milwaukee for the #2 seed. They would open the NLDS in Milwaukee if it ended today. 

22 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Mets losing 3-1 

If the Phillies win the Braves would be tied with SD. Of course a Philly loss gives the Braves a 5 game lead. The Braves are still a healthy 7 games back of Milwaukee for the #2 seed. They would open the NLDS in Milwaukee if it ended today. 

I’ve seen Matt Moore pitch for years but it just hit me how similar his wind up and delivery is to Cole Hamels.

Wow, very quick hook from Joe Girardi. He’s not even gonna let Moore get through the 5th with only 70 something pitches. But I ain’t complaining. More time for the Padres to get after that Phillies bullpen.

37 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Mets losing 3-1 

Would still rather see Philly lose I think. Don’t want to play the Dodgers/Giants in the wild card round and then possibly the other if we win that game 

Looking at the upcoming schedule, it seems weird that the Braves play the Yankees for 2 games on Monday and Tuesday, then have 2 off days.  In the middle of the year, that seems extremely rare and I thought it was a mistake at first.  

Earlier in the year they played a 2 game series on Tuesday/Wednesday and I was wondering why they didn’t schedule the same here, but I see the Yankees go to Oakland after the series to play 4 starting Thursday so maybe that’s why. 

49 minutes ago, dmite said:

Looking at the upcoming schedule, it seems weird that the Braves play the Yankees for 2 games on Monday and Tuesday, then have 2 off days.  In the middle of the year, that seems extremely rare and I thought it was a mistake at first.  

Earlier in the year they played a 2 game series on Tuesday/Wednesday and I was wondering why they didn’t schedule the same here, but I see the Yankees go to Oakland after the series to play 4 starting Thursday so maybe that’s why. 

Its definitely extremely rare to get two off days consequently. MLB promised better scheduling when they got these new people in to do it but it hasn't gotten any better.