Braves at Nationals

For the A

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That's a dangerous situation to put the tying run in scoring position and the winning run on base.

Indeed...but at the same time Bell is a proven threat...Keiboom is not.

So I personally would rather take my chances with the youngest vs the guy who has shown in his career to be a threat.

12 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Indeed...but at the same time Bell is a proven threat...Keiboom is not.

So I personally would rather take my chances with the youngest vs the guy who has shown in his career to be a threat.

The first walk to Lane Thomas (someone fresh up from the minors) was terrible and inexcusable.

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The first walk to Lane Thomas (someone fresh up from the minors) was terrible and inexcusable.

Go back and look at the pitch tracker.

He did not miss by much on a couple pitches.

Infact ball one could have and arguably should have been called a strike and ball 5 while a ball was actually much closer in real time and it was just a good eye on Thomas.

Had ball one been rightfully called a strike then that is one that he may have chased.

There were really only 2 non competitive pitches in the sequence.

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Go back and look at the pitch tracker.

He did not miss by much on a couple pitches.

Infact ball one could have and arguably should have been called a strike and ball 5 while a ball was actually much closer in real time and it was just a good eye on Thomas.

Had ball one been rightfully called a strike then that is one that he may have chased.

There were really only 2 non competitive pitches in the sequence.

Pitch 1 could have been called a strike but you can say he got a make up call with pitch 3. Pitches 2, 4, and 5 were all clear balls. It was a bad walk.

Screenshot 2021-08-15 162845.png

30 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

No arguing that.  In front of Soto, that’s just awful.  

Striking out Soto was huge and that allowed him to pitch around Bell.  Maybe Bell swings at one of those barely off the plate and dribbles it somewhere.  Ka-boom did put good wood on it though and Braves were lucky Riley was playing in the right spot. 

1 hour ago, dmite said:

Scott Thorman was a legend. 

We used to yell, “Behold Mighty Mjolnir!” whenever he homered. Alas, it didn’t come up much.

he was actually a first round pick for us. He and a guy named Kila Ka’aihue made it look like we had great 1B options. We…didn’t.

36 minutes ago, jidady said:

We used to yell, “Behold Mighty Mjolnir!” whenever he homered. Alas, it didn’t come up much.

he was actually a first round pick for us. He and a guy named Kila Ka’aihue made it look like we had great 1B options. We…didn’t.

Thorman finished his brief 2 season career with a -1.0 WAR. Talk about a wasted pick. 

37 minutes ago, jidady said:

2007 was a difficult year for me personally. Maybe I just didn’t watch much baseball that year because I don’t remember that Hawaiian guy either.