Braves vs Reds

For the A

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

We do have a serious problem here. Smith's in a funk to the point that Rob Deer would crush him right now. It's probably time to switch the usage of Matzek and him, at least for a while.

Matzek is pitching the best out of anyone in the bullpen but I think the clear answer at the moment should be Rodriguez since he has experience in the role.

Just now, jidady said:

We've underachieved so much. We're 84 runs better than anyone else in the division yet still tied. If we don't win the NL East, it's due to self-inflicted wounds.

Braves are only 59-55 but based on their run differential they should be 64-50. A 5 game difference is huge!!

13 minutes ago, jidady said:

We do have a serious problem here. Smith's in a funk to the point that Rob Deer would crush him right now. It's probably time to switch the usage of Matzek and him, at least for a while.

According to a few folks on Twitter Smith is tipping his pitches. Apparently there's video of Joey Votto talking about it in the dugout after his homerun.

26 minutes ago, jidady said:

This is a very good idea. Smith goes into these random funks every so often it seems 

On 8/8/2021 at 3:21 PM, Unknøwn said:

My guess is its a getaway day, day game but still allows families to get there after school. 

I know why the weird start time. It's not because it's get away day. It's because the Field of Dreams game is tomorrow night and FOX has the exclusive broadcast window so since the Braves didn't want it to be a true day game we get the weird start time. As a result there's only 4 night games tomorrow. The Field of Dreams game and then 3 late night west coast games. The rest of the games are day games.

33 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

This is a very good idea. Smith goes into these random funks every so often it seems 

It is no different then Matzek when he went through his bad spell.

Or Rodriguez who saw his era raise from .50 to around 3 from getting lit up in July.

Smith had been pretty fantastic since the end of June but he has just had 2 really bad outings in his last 3.

That is concerning but at the same time he just hung one to one of the hottest hitters in baseball.

I think the reaction to him is the same reaction that this place is known for......it is over.

9 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It is no different then Matzek when he went through his bad spell.

Or Rodriguez who saw his era raise from .50 to around 3 from getting lit up in July.

Smith had been pretty fantastic since the end of June but he has just had 2 really bad outings in his last 3.

That is concerning but at the same time he just hung one to one of the hottest hitters in baseball.

I think the reaction to him is the same reaction that this place is known for......it is over.

I've been happy with Smith this year. Those 2 bad outings have made his ERA look worse than it is I think... I hate it because he's got the stuff. Someone above mentioned he might be tipping his pitches? If that's the case, I think we can take that away from his recent funk

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

I've been happy with Smith this year. Those 2 bad outings have made his ERA look worse than it is I think... I hate it because he's got the stuff. Someone above mentioned he might be tipping his pitches? If that's the case, I think we can take that away from his recent funk

The outings that he has struggled the most are the ones where he gets slider happy.

When he establishes the fast ball and then works off of his breaking stuff then he is usually very good.

But then he gets in ruts where it is slider after slider

33 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The outings that he has struggled the most are the ones where he gets slider happy.

When he establishes the fast ball and then works off of his breaking stuff then he is usually very good.

But then he gets in ruts where it is slider after slider

Yep. And a hanging slider is a nightmare for us lol. 

Overall I’m happy with how our team has looked recently. 8-2 in our last 10 and it’s been against teams that are currently over .500 (hey St Louis is technically >.500 lol)

6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Game over. Braves lose. This team is a ******* disgrace and they'll sit around and blame it all on injuries and give Brian Snitker a life time contract this winter and we'll all be ******!!! Gonna ******* happen!! Never fails!

This right here…. I say a simple little “we’re gonna lose” as things are going bad and you go off on me call me a fraud and a troll. Here you are doing much worse with your Tourette’s syndrome overreactions. You are the fraud. You need help. Seriously man….

6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Game over. Braves lose. This team is a ******* disgrace and they'll sit around and blame it all on injuries and give Brian Snitker a life time contract this winter and we'll all be ******!!! Gonna ******* happen!! Never fails!

This post didn’t age well….

Hola guys. I know all of you love your Braves and are passionate. If you have an issue with the way someone posts, could you throw that person on ignore and just avoid conflict? Passion for sports team can be a pain sometimes and it's understandable. No one here means any harm in displaying such passion. Just don't get personal. 

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, BraveFan66 said:

This right here…. I say a simple little “we’re gonna lose” as things are going bad and you go off on me call me a fraud and a troll. Here you are doing much worse with your Tourette’s syndrome overreactions. You are the fraud. You need help. Seriously man….

Glass houses.. consistently changing names, using the term “barves”, etc. 

If you don’t like the way your bed is made, change the way you make it.