Braves vs Nats

For the A

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Liberty released quarterly reports. Braves had $216M in revenue for the quarter. That came out to be a $54M profit for the organization. DOB had suggested these reports were what the Braves were waiting on to sign Freeman. This quarter in 2020 was a $26M loss because of the delayed season. So the team has made that money back at least. 

Attendance has been great.  While I miss Turner field, it was the right move to get closer to their fans.  I still haven’t been to Truist Park yet, maybe next year. 

35 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I think he honestly tries to buy into the analytics. Some times he goes by the gut but I believe he wants to change hes just so old school and thats all he's known. 

It really is a BIG ask for a 65-year-old man. I mean, Moneyball is just 18 years old and really didn't make headway in baseball until a few years later. So, he was already in his 50s at the time.

8 minutes ago, dmite said:

Attendance has been great.  While I miss Turner field, it was the right move to get closer to their fans.  I still haven’t been to Truist Park yet, maybe next year. 

And it's not just the park either. It's all the shopping, restaurants and hotels around the stadium that the Braves own that generates revenue too. That was never an option at The Ted.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

And it's not just the park either. It's all the shopping, restaurants and hotels around the stadium that the Braves own that generates revenue too. That was never an option at The Ted.

Other than the poor lighting, Turner Field was a much better ballpark. That’s fact and everyone knows it. Such a mistake that something like the Battery couldn’t happen there, not to mention the idiots that failed to run a Marta spur directly to the area. 

18 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

The Braves need to win the series

A sweep would be great but gotta win 2 out of 3 while the muts and philths beat up on each other

Disagree. Anything less than a sweep is a disappointment here. At home against a team that has mailed it in. And a hated rival at that. 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Tonight is the 81st time Snitker has penciled in Albies at leadoff. Hes a career .249/.303 in that spot. Thats nearly 30 points below his career mark. He hits .287/.337 in his 42 games from #3. 

This just after being lavished with praise for a greatly managed series vs St.Louis

13 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Absolutely have to win 2 of 3 here. Be nice to get the sweep and have a 6 game streak rolling. 

Why is everyone settling for 2 of 3 against these bums? We just swept a better team on the road and these guys are chopped liver at home 

Edited by Adam Duvall

24 minutes ago, Adam Duvall said:

Why is everyone settling for 2 of 3 against these bums? We just swept a better team on the road and these guys are chopped liver at home 

You have to remember the Nats have nothing to play for and young players that want to show that they belong in the MLB. To me that makes them a dangerous team and 2 of 3 is ideal . Win the first 2 games and rest some starters in game 3 for the next series. 

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That hurts cause I have absolutely zero faith in Duvall.

He has 5 rbi in 7 games for the Braves which projects to 115 RBIs over the course of a season. I have a ton of faith in him. And not a single one of those RBIs came against the Braves!

Edited by Adam Duvall