Braves vs Nats

For the A

48 minutes ago, dmite said:

Just curious, how come you’re listing the times in central time?  I thought last series was that way because they were in central time zone.  Now they’re back in the east.  Trying to keep the mojo going?

Well if he's like me and lives in the central time zone the times are automatically listed like that on some websites, ESPN being one of them that adjusts the time based on where you're at.

7 hours ago, dmite said:

Just curious, how come you’re listing the times in central time?  I thought last series was that way because they were in central time zone.  Now they’re back in the east.  Trying to keep the mojo going?

Just trying to keep the mojo going. Desperate times called for desperate measures. 

27 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I feel dirty pulling for Philly but id rather see them win today and tomorrow. That would put us ahead of the Mets and 0.5 game out of first if we handle our business. Then the Mets can win game 3. If the Braves sweep and Philly wins 2 that puts the Braves in first place 

Philly might be the team to beat in the division, but they have games against Dodgers, Padres and Reds coming up.  All I’m looking for is no sweep in either direction.  I’d actually prefer the Mets to cool off Philly taking 2 of 3. 

1 hour ago, dmite said:

Philly might be the team to beat in the division, but they have games against Dodgers, Padres and Reds coming up.  All I’m looking for is no sweep in either direction.  I’d actually prefer the Mets to cool off Philly taking 2 of 3. 

Look at who they've played. They're getting wins but they've been playing the Nats, Pirates and Marlins the last few weeks. Yankees got mixed in. Theyve just been beating up on bad teams. I dont think they're going to keep it up. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Look at who they've played. They're getting wins but they've been playing the Nats, Pirates and Marlins the last few weeks. Yankees got mixed in. Theyve just been beating up on bad teams. I dont think they're going to keep it up. 

At the same time, look who the Mets have played AND they’re losing to them.  I think the Mets are the weaker of the two, but that’s neither here nor there.  The Braves should top both of them if they play to their potential. 

besides, like I said the Phillies have some good teams coming up on their schedule. 

58 minutes ago, dmite said:

At the same time, look who the Mets have played AND they’re losing to them.  I think the Mets are the weaker of the two, but that’s neither here nor there.  The Braves should top both of them if they play to their potential. 

besides, like I said the Phillies have some good teams coming up on their schedule. 

Yes, I do believe the Mets are crashing back to earth. All the injuries have caught up to them. Especially with no deGrom, he was an auto win every time out. Now they don't have that stopper and Walker has also crashed back to earth. 

Liberty released quarterly reports. Braves had $216M in revenue for the quarter. That came out to be a $54M profit for the organization. DOB had suggested these reports were what the Braves were waiting on to sign Freeman. This quarter in 2020 was a $26M loss because of the delayed season. So the team has made that money back at least. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Liberty released quarterly reports. Braves had $216M in revenue for the quarter. That came out to be a $54M profit for the organization. DOB had suggested these reports were what the Braves were waiting on to sign Freeman. This quarter in 2020 was a $26M loss because of the delayed season. So the team has made that money back at least. 

$204M of the $216M was baseball. Battery chipped in $12M. So basically they paid for Drew Smyly in that one quarter of the Battery. That's why that development was crucial. It adds so much revenue 

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The 3 games against the Cardinals were the 3 best managed games of Brian Snitker's career. I'm still stunned at how every move he made was the correct move. If we could get this Snitker every game we'd be golden.

I think he honestly tries to buy into the analytics. Some times he goes by the gut but I believe he wants to change hes just so old school and thats all he's known.