Braves @ Cardinals

For the A

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

So that is probably why.

Plus he seems like a good dude so I am sure that there is a clubhouse aspect of it.

Catchers call the game. Maddux literally made Perez a career and now a coach just because he liked how he called a game. Perez was literally Mad dogs personal catcher for YEARS. The second most important position in baseball. 

31 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Yeah, I reckon so.  We're hitting that comically illusive .500 mark.  They're going to break it at some point, they have to right?

The odds have to break at some point. Theyve lost 9 in a row when trying to get to .500. 

On 8/3/2021 at 11:11 AM, AUTiger7222 said:

Duvall has a .274 OBP. That to me is one of the worst hitters in baseball. His wRC+ and OPS+ are both below league average. His offensive runs value is -0.6. There's absolutely nothing positive about Adam Duvall's offense in the 2021 season. He does not "make the Braves lineup much better and deeper" as the folks I was talking with yesterday claimed.

Abraham Almonte's wRC+ is 106, just for the record.

Yeah dude, you're wrong. He's not some savior or anything, but he's a league average hitter with pop and great defense. He makes the team better. 

20 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Yeah dude, you're wrong. He's not some savior or anything, but he's a league average hitter with pop and great defense. He makes the team better. 

I'm not wrong and we're not going to agree on this. Good teams like the Dodgers don't trade for the likes of Adam Duvall and call them "upgrades that make the team better." It's ludicrous anyone would pass off Adam Duvall as an upgrade when every offensive metric there is has him below league average. The only reason Adam Duvall doesn't have a negative WAR this year is because of his defense.

4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

FIFY

LOL!! I just don't get the Adam Duvall love affair with the Braves fan base. But a vast majority of the fan base I come into contact with on Twitter were drooling over the possibility of adding Byron Buxton despite his career .247 average and .298 OBP. Something about the fan base and their overwhelming love for players that can't get on base but because they hit a few homeruns they love them.

Abraham Almonte has been a better offensive player that Adam Duvall this year. That's how bad Duvall has been offensively this year.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

LOL!! I just don't get the Adam Duvall love affair with the Braves fan base. But a vast majority of the fan base I come into contact with on Twitter were drooling over the possibility of adding Byron Buxton despite his career .247 average and .298 OBP. Something about the fan base and their overwhelming love for players that can't get on base but because they hit a few homeruns they love them.

I doubt K26 is even remotely in love with Duvall. But for the most part, I’ve never understood it either. 

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

I doubt K26 is even remotely in love with Duvall. But for the most part, I’ve never understood it either. 

I doubt he is too but the talking points he just used is the same one everyone uses to defend Duvall. Homeruns. OMG!! I get so freaking sick of hearing about homeruns. Baseball and hitting is so much more than homeruns. Look at Tony Gwynn or Wade Boggs. They wouldn't exist in 2021 with the way everyone obsesses over homeruns. It's like Dansby Swanson. I wish Swanson would hit fewer homeruns and add 30-40 points to his batting average. It would make him a much more valuable hitter. I absolutely despite players like Adam Duvall who either hit homeruns or strikeout without anything in between. There's a reason that every offensive metric there is rates Duvall as below league average.

3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I doubt he is too but the talking points he just used is the same one everyone uses to defend Duvall. Homeruns. OMG!! I get so freaking sick of hearing about homeruns. Baseball and hitting is so much more than homeruns. Look at Tony Gwynn or Wade Boggs. They wouldn't exist in 2021 with the way everyone obsesses over homeruns. It's like Dansby Swanson. I wish Swanson would hit fewer homeruns and add 30-40 points to his batting average. It would make him a much more valuable hitter. I absolutely despite players like Adam Duvall who either hit homeruns or strikeout without anything in between. There's a reason that every offensive metric there is rates Duvall as below league average.

Chicks dig the long ball?

:shrug:

Javier Baez just deked the crap outta Alex Jackson. Throw beat him by a mile but Baez swimmed around the tag. 2-0 Mets. And before I can finish typing this sentence a comebacker to the mound and Zach Thompson throws it into CF and it's now 3-0 Mets.

Marlins finally get a double play and get out of the inning. But 3-0 Mets going to the bottom of the 2nd.