TC Notes 08/01

47 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Austin Trammell could be the sleeper of the draft that’s actually a sleeper

I meant in terms of actual film. I prefer to watch video and form my own opinion. There's tons of these types of articles on UDFAs every year. Most of them amount to nothing

3 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Curious as to why you think Blake has any kind of upper hand?  The new staff has no ties to him, and what I observed last year and just from a few snippets of this year is that he has no standout value...what you get from him is simply underwhelming...

I didn't mention Blake. I doubt he makes the team. And probably not even the practice squad. He'll need a hella camp to do so I think.

18 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I meant in terms of actual film. I prefer to watch video and form my own opinion. There's tons of these types of articles on UDFAs every year. Most of them amount to nothing

Oh I get it.  I read your comments then thought I’d look for something & you’re right.  Then I saw this article which was insightful.

11 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Oh I get it.  I read your comments then thought I’d look for something & you’re right.  Then I saw this article which was insightful.

The middle Tennessee state game and some from 2019 are available online, but he only had like 3 catches in that game, and the most he had in one game in 2019 was 9.

He looks like he was used like a Taylor Gabriel; only thrown to when they were going for the big play

13 hours ago, hjerry said:

[Insert "talkin bout practice" jpg here]

I mean, we see this every year. I'm trying not to get excited about any of this, because we've been here before, and showing out in practice and in games are not one and the same. 

I'll wait to get excited till any of these guys (especially the fringe players) do it in an actual game before I start hyping them up.

What we're hearing now means very little

Yeah, they don't even have the pads on yet...

14 hours ago, hjerry said:

The middle Tennessee state game and some from 2019 are available online, but he only had like 3 catches in that game, and the most he had in one game in 2019 was 9.

He looks like he was used like a Taylor Gabriel; only thrown to when they were going for the big play

You talking about Blake?

21 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I couldn’t say that enough. If anybody remembers I constantly said this was missing and it always gives the defense a chance to stay in their shell coverage and when the play starts Matt has to hold the ball a tad longer because the coverage shifted to what they were really doing. 

Yea we had multiple threads about it last year.  Most of the top offenses in the league are also top in pre snap motion