The History of the Atlanta Falcons

Saw this on Reddit earlier and hadn’t seen it posted here yet. Thought you guys might like it. I guess it’s from Dorktown, the same people that made The History of the Seattle Mariners. I had never heard of it before but apparently the Seattle one was 3+ hours long and a lot of people said it was good. Looks like they’re making one for us, here’s the trailer. 

24 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Didn’t listen to it closely once I detected politics creeping in. 

Shoot I must’ve missed that part, dang. Definitely wasn’t trying to open that can of worms 😳 I guess we’ll have to wait and see if the rest of it can stick to sports. I’m 30 and from SE Virginia, really didn’t watch the falcons until the year we drafted Vick. I’d love to learn a little more of the history of our team, even though I heard we didn’t have many great years 😜

10 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Didn’t listen to it closely once I detected politics creeping in. 

Can't stand the politics in sports. They have absolutely no place in entertainment. I hate how it drags me in to the debate. Trying to keep my opinions to myself but it's difficult when no one else does.

I just separate the art from the artist.

Posted (edited)

So politics aside, i think this will be something the message board ends up really enjoying. I briefly checked out their other documentary, The History of the Seattle Mariners. From the little bit I watched, they seemed to go super super deep into the year to year history. If our documentary ends up anything like that one, I’m sure all of us could at least find ONE new interesting thing out about the Falcons History. Here’s a link to the Seattle one if anyone is interested in checking out the quality and maybe what to expect when ours comes out. 

(apologies if this one also ends up being political, I really try to ignore all that nonsense but I didn’t get a chance to watch all of this yet.)

Edited by rtbsmgsmf

On 7/31/2021 at 10:18 PM, rtbsmgsmf said:

Shoot I must’ve missed that part, dang. Definitely wasn’t trying to open that can of worms 😳 I guess we’ll have to wait and see if the rest of it can stick to sports. I’m 30 and from SE Virginia, really didn’t watch the falcons until the year we drafted Vick. I’d love to learn a little more of the history of our team, even though I heard we didn’t have many great years 😜

Funny, I was in school in that area when the “BIG Bowling Alley incident” occurred. 

Not to date myself, but I am sure you know what I am talking about. :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Funny, I was in school in that area when the “BIG Bowling Alley incident” occurred. 

Not to date myself, but I am sure you know what I am talking about. :rolleyes:

I’m not sure 🧐maybe you could refresh my memory. I grew up in Chesapeake in the middle of no where, now there’s houses everywhere lol 

edit. Just looked it up, I'm guessing you’re talking about the Iverson fight? I was a little too young to remember that one 😜

Edited by rtbsmgsmf

And.....politics work their way in.  For ****s sake, why does everything have to have some bias or other, left or right on every topic?  Dividing people into ever smaller and more vocal niches through constant bombardment of it is killing our country.  

Sports used to be a refuge from that.  Not anymore.  I can't even watch the Olympics without the constant lefty woke ranting.  Just so very sick of it all.  

21 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

And.....politics work their way in.  For ****s sake, why does everything have to have some bias or other, left or right on every topic?  Dividing people into ever smaller and more vocal niches through constant bombardment of it is killing our country.  

Sports used to be a refuge from that.  Not anymore.  I can't even watch the Olympics without the constant lefty woke ranting.  Just so very sick of it all.  

I agree 100 percent.  I've expressed pretty much the exact same feelings here and was labeled a "Karen".  

A lot of football fans have stopped watching the NFL because of politics being brought into the game. If this continues more and more people will eventually tune out.  And yes, it's dividing our country more and more.

I use to enjoy football so much more than I do now. I've come very close to turning it off and I'm hanging on with the hope that politics will eventually disappear from my favorite sporting event. 

I use to be a diehard NFL fan, always planned my schedule to never miss watching the Falcons. I'm still a fan but the enjoyment is slowly being ripped away by the political  protest being included before the game. 

The NFL and it's players better wise up and get back to football only. If the NFL doesn't realize the damage it's doing to the league and if the players think they can continue to protest against our country then more and more fans will turn it off. I'm not there yet...but I'm losing my enthusiasm and the love I once had for the best game ever.

Leave the politics and protest to your own personal time.  Come together we are all living in the best country on earth.  We are all blessed. It's not perfect and never will be.  

Please NFL...get back to football only. 

Signed 

Karen 😀

Go Falcons!

Lol why is everyone worked up about what the guy is saying? You cant watch something and just listen to what is being said without tripping over yourself whenever politics comes up? Chill out. Almost sounds like the people complaining about the politics and saying "its dividing us" are the same ones are already divided and on a certain side. Just enjoy the freaking video man.

22 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Lol why is everyone worked up about what the guy is saying? You cant watch something and just listen to what is being said without tripping over yourself whenever politics comes up? Chill out. Almost sounds like the people complaining about the politics and saying "its dividing us" are the same ones are already divided and on a certain side. Just enjoy the freaking video man.

That’s where I was at, I guess I had tuned that part out when I first watched it. I didn’t even realize until the first couple comments pointed it out. From what I’ve gathered this should be one of the most in depth films on the Falcons to date. Politics aside, this is something I am excited to watch and look forward learning something new about the team I loved for the past 20 years. 

2 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I gave up on the Olympics when I found myself actively rooting against certain US participants for that very reason. It's why I don't watch pre or post game NFL and CFB shows on any network, either. I also start the DVR on games, so the only thing I see is kickoff, and I rarely have the volume on. I don't social media (FB/TW/Inst/etc), either.

It's pathetic that I have to do all that just to watch sports without politics, SJWs and virtue signaling, but that's where we are.

10 hours ago, rtbsmgsmf said:

I’m not sure 🧐maybe you could refresh my memory. I grew up in Chesapeake in the middle of no where, now there’s houses everywhere lol 

edit. Just looked it up, I'm guessing you’re talking about the Iverson fight? I was a little too young to remember that one 😜

As soon as you DIDN’T Know what I was talking about, I KNEW you were a youngin! :lol:

Dude, that was the talk all over Hampton Roads back in the day! 

There were groups on my campus that were thinking of protesting and I think some did. 

Oh and between Portsmouth and Chesapeake, I heard they were kinda rural back in the day.

VA Beach and of course NoF@@K(should tell you where I went to school! Lmao) where the more populated areas.

14 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

As soon as you DIDN’T Know what I was talking about, I KNEW you were a youngin! :lol:

Dude, that was the talk all over Hampton Roads back in the day! 

There were groups on my campus that were thinking of protesting and I think some did. 

Oh and between Portsmouth and Chesapeake, I heard they were kinda rural back in the day.

VA Beach and of course NoF@@K(should tell you where I went to school! Lmao) where the more populated areas.

Yea I was born in ‘91 😁 living in VB now. It’s crazy how built up Chesapeake is now, and there’s no signs at it slowing down anytime soon!

2 minutes ago, rtbsmgsmf said:

Yea I was born in ‘91 😁 living in VB now. It’s crazy how built up Chesapeake is now, and there’s no signs at it slowing down anytime soon!

Both sides of the bay are beautiful! I was too young to fully appreciate it back when I was living up there, but part of the reason I did go to school there was because of the beauty! I loved the view of the Bay out of the back of our Campus!

1 hour ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Totally get that.  But everything is so slanted, and that bias gets put into it.  I used to love just watching sports.  Its too hard to bring myself to do it. I am getting old and curmudgeonly I guess.  🤣

2 hours ago, FalconBlood23 said:

It is the trend that is upsetting.  Once upon a time, you had to tell the truth or get ostracized.  Media people were held to a very high standard, stick to the facts or write an editorial.  We stood for the National Anthem.  We saluted the flag.  We prayed in school.  We helped one another.  We fought with one another, but let an outsider screw with one of our neighbors and we were all a fighting state of mind.

I fought for freedom and against Communism in Vietnam.  Now, I see us pissing this country away without a care. 

And, yes, the narrator of this trailer was out of line expressing his views of a political election when the billing promised to be a trailer about the Falcons.  We are so accustomed to experiencing deceptions we either ignore them or justify them.  Yes, this trend is very disturbing to me.  We need to wake up before we lose our freedom.  That is not hyperbole.  We are being slowly conditioned to accept anything shoved at us.  And, we are accepting it all.