TC Notes 07/31

1 hour ago, ATLskinjob said:

Yeah that's gonna be interesting. All of our starting WRs are much smaller than everyone else that Smith has brought in. He clearly prefers big and strong guys on his team. But what is he gonna do it guys like Blake and Zaccheus are better?

play them...best team is getting played regardless of who that is he has already said as much

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love threads like this because one post that says "Player X with a great play" gets like 8 likes and the next that says "Player Y with a great play" will get none. Shows where the board's biases lie. lol

But seriously it's good to have football back. Much thanks to everyone for compiling these.

I know it's just training camp. But I get the feeling that this offense is gonna be similar to 2016 in the sense that we're gonna have games where like 8 or 10 dudes are gonna be touching the ball. 

Part of what made Shanahans offense so fun was that you never knew who to defend/who was getting the ball. Even Dimarco was kicking *** that year. 

Hopefully we see something similar this season! 

1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

I love threads like this because one post that says "Player X with a great play" gets like 8 likes and the next that says "Player Y with a great play" will get none. Shows where the board's biases lie. lol

But seriously it's good to have football back. Much thanks to everyone for compiling these.

I enjoy them because they were split roughly equally between offense and defense.  Pitts torches Harmon.  Darren Hall gets a PBU on Pitts.

I like that one side isn't just dominating the other.  That tells me they're competing hard.

4 hours ago, BDS said:

I know it's just training camp. But I get the feeling that this offense is gonna be similar to 2016 in the sense that we're gonna have games where like 8 or 10 dudes are gonna be touching the ball. 

Part of what made Shanahans offense so fun was that you never knew who to defend/who was getting the ball. Even Dimarco was kicking *** that year. 

I was thinking this same thing earlier. The more you spread the ball around the easier it is to confuse, and fool the defense. Having Julio gone might be a good thing in the end. Just can't give 75% of targets to your #1 and #2 receivers and remain creative.

11 hours ago, BDS said:

shout out to don dimarco marcooo lol 

8 hours ago, opensource001 said:

I have to say I really like this.  My favorite thing about the Smitty era was how the team didn't beat themselves with stupid penalties.   Would love to see that come back.

yeah we were definately the most disciplined under smitty..he will always be my favorite falcons coach just wish his health didnt go to ****..he wasnt the same after that.but ill always be thankful for being that steady hand we really needed after everything with vick happened..