TC Notes 07/31

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

No sacred cows.  The entire starting offense.  Red jersey with no. 2 on it.  No. 18.  No 14.  All in the lead.  No. 8 with the 2nd group.

Very USMC.  One guy screws up or a bunch of guys screw up, the entire unit pays.

I.  Love.  This.  Coaching.  Staff.

As a Marine myself, I can agree. There’s no better motivation you will get than from your peers. One dude is jacked up, you’re all jacked up. Nobody wants to be the wink link. FYI, Smith’s old man was a jar head too. Explains a little lol. -Rah!

Honestly, you never know until they take the field, but the level of accountability and the attention to detail from this staff is something I haven't seen since 2016, and really only in 2015 before that (with obviously less stellar results).  You love to see a staff that has a plan and wants to use guys in any way they can to be productive.  Creative, detail oriented, demanding accountability.  

It's not guaranteed to produce a championship, but it is the way everyone else with a trophy has gotten one.  So it's good to see again.  This "we have to play _____ so we don't upset the agents" thing is over.  And good riddance.

1 hour ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

might have us a little gem would be nice if thats the case

I think Hawkins will be our RB1 by the end of the season. With Davis splitting carries. He’s to explosive to not play him.

1 hour ago, AxManBigFan said:

I think Hawkins will be our RB1 by the end of the season. With Davis splitting carries. He’s to explosive to not play him.

I just hope he earns a roster spot. Love your optimism. Davis is like Gage. He would be able to start for most NFL teams, but not appreciated by his own fans because he's not flashy.  In some ways like a QB I've heard of around here.

9 minutes ago, falcndave said:

I just hope he earns a roster spot. Love your optimism. Davis is like Gage. He would be able to start for most NFL teams, but not appreciated by his own fans because he's not flashy.  In some ways like a QB I've heard of around here.

I’m actually a big Davis guy. I loved the signing and I think he can be a 1k back for us. I just don’t think he’s going to get that opportunity, and if Hawkins shines he’ll take carries from him.

2 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Haven’t thought bout it much, but we are pretty small at WR now with the big guys like Julio and Sanu gone. 

Yeah that's gonna be interesting. All of our starting WRs are much smaller than everyone else that Smith has brought in. He clearly prefers big and strong guys on his team. But what is he gonna do it guys like Blake and Zaccheus are better?

Just now, AxManBigFan said:

I’m actually a big Davis guy. I loved the signing and I think he can be a 1k back for us. I just don’t think he’s going to get that opportunity, and if Hawkins shines he’ll take carries from him.

Well, Hawkins is a guy I've taken in the last round of a couple of Best Ball fantasy drafts. He won't need many touches to have a chance to put the ball in the end zone. AS really likes RBs who can block for 3rd down, otherwise I'd give him a great shot at 3rd down work. If he makes the roster, I think he is the type of guy you design a package of plays for. You like to stress the D a little with guys who are a home run threat. 

Man it's so good to have something to read about the Falcons. I have such a good feeling about this coaching staff. I really think that this defense is going to create all kinds of turnovers.

I LOVE that Smith is a bit of a hardass. So sick of our staff letting players take plays off and make tons of sloppy lazy mistakes. No more playing out of position. No more hero-ball antics.

We're gonna have a big, tough, physically strong and gritty offense. I'm so excited. People used to always say the Falcons were soft, and they were right. No more!

4 hours ago, JDaveG said:

No sacred cows.  The entire starting offense.  Red jersey with no. 2 on it.  No. 18.  No 14.  All in the lead.  No. 8 with the 2nd group.

Very USMC.  One guy screws up or a bunch of guys screw up, the entire unit pays.

I.  Love.  This.  Coaching.  Staff.

I love this so much too. I think an underrated aspect of having no sacred cows, is that that's how you find hidden talent on the depth chart. 

53 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Well, Hawkins is a guy I've taken in the last round of a couple of Best Ball fantasy drafts. He won't need many touches to have a chance to put the ball in the end zone. AS really likes RBs who can block for 3rd down, otherwise I'd give him a great shot at 3rd down work. If he makes the roster, I think he is the type of guy you design a package of plays for. You like to stress the D a little with guys who are a home run threat. 

That’s the thing. Hawkins can block. The dude has excellent blocking ability. Only thing is, he’s rather small to block all the time IMO. Rotating him and Mike Davis should give us a good productive run game.