So what’s the story on McGary?

33 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

What are we talking about here, haven't heard anything. Guess he's missing from training camp, or is it something else?

He was reportedly added to the PUP list. 

Smith said it’s probably gonna be sooner than later as far as him returning in camp

McGary is a solid RT we can discuss that after the season 

the real problem here is every day McGary misses is a day Mayfield isn’t taking the snaps at LG that he should be, to potentially win the spot. Because god help us Andrews at LG will wreck our offense. A worse player than Carpenter 

6 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Smith said it’s probably gonna be sooner than later as far as him returning in camp

the real problem here is every day McGary misses is a day Mayfield isn’t taking the snaps at LG that he should be, to potentially win the spot. Because god help us Andrews at LG will wreck our offense. A worse player than Carpenter 

Good post.

I have no idea if this is correct, but a good friend of mine that actually works at FB as maintenance just told me Mcgary has been wearing a knee brace the few times he's seen him. He said no one has mentioned anything to him about what the injury could be but in his normal clothes he did have a significant knee brace on..we will see 

Lol maybe is just literally physically unable to perform up to the level of expectation so they told him to Get outta here the field. Nah but in all seriousness I’d like for this to be his best year yet and take care of business on the right side of the line 

7 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Yep, useless to argue with the McGary detractors. With a balanced offense that keeps defenses off balance, as opposed to asking him to block speed rushers on 5 step drops and long patterns all the time, I think he'll do much better this year. 

21 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Id much rather have it be that than complications from a vaccine. I was wondering, pure speculation,  if with his heart condition he postponed getting vaccinated, then felt pressured to get one before coming to camp and it could have messed with his heart. Would much rather it be a little knee strain from working out prepring for camp.

We'll see, but I do trust the information I got on him wearing a knee brace..the guy that told me that is solid..but dosnt mean it has anything to do with him on the pup list

13 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

If i had to guess its his heart. I think its a condition that takes multiple surgeries to fix. 

Could very well be, but from what I was told the knee brace hes wearing covers most of his upper leg and down to his calf..but then again, any issues he may be having with his knee could be secondary to any other medical condition 

10 hours ago, gazoo said:

Yep, useless to argue with the McGary detractors. With a balanced offense that keeps defenses off balance, as opposed to asking him to block speed rushers on 5 step drops and long patterns all the time, I think he'll do much better this year. 

^this

22 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Might be his heart again. He had a cardiac ablation done last year. He has some sort of arrhythmia issue. So, that would be my guess. 

That's what I was thinking.. most of us had forgotten about the predraft heart issue. Man I hope it's nothing serious.