Xavien Howard

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Signed compared to trading a high draft pick or 2 for Howard. Which scenario do you like better

I'm not intetested in trading any picks. Also, that Dolphins defense is stacked, so it's hard to tell if he's really as good as his numbers. Sorta like when Nnamdi left the Raiders and just wasn't the same.. also Byrd come to think of it

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

I thought Howard was cureently the highest paid corner in the NFL? Why does he want another contract so quickly?

Did someone like Ramsey overtake him or something?

He doesnt want another i think he was asking for more of his money gatanteed.

6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I thought Howard was currently the highest paid corner in the NFL? Why does he want another contract so quickly?

Howard says he doesn’t want a new contract, he just wants more guaranteed money. Apparently the Dolphins, according to Spotrac, have a potential out after this season if for some reason they wanted to do that. 

edit: of course I see that your question was answered just a few minutes before I posted this lol

52 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

When the Saints signed Jarius Byrd once upon a time with their cap situation, I never said never again lol.

Uh huh, how'd that work out for them?

40 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I thought Howard was currently the highest paid corner in the NFL? Why does he want another contract so quickly?

Can you imagine our team even looking in the direction of the highest paid player at any position considering our cap situation? Lmao, its almost comedy..I may as well start looking for houses in Beverly Hills 😆

36 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Howard says he doesn’t want a new contract, he just wants more guaranteed money. Apparently the Dolphins, according to Spotrac, have a potential out after this season if for some reason they wanted to do that. 

edit: of course I see that your question was answered just a few minutes before I posted this lol

We could guarantee him about fiftie thou...lol

If I were the Dolphins I wouldn’t trade him, at least not until the season is over, unless they get an equal player in return. They aren’t quite in win now mode but they’re an up and coming, legit playoff team and they don’t need to take a step backward. 

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

He doesnt want another i think he was asking for more of his money gatanteed.

His guaranteed loot runs out at end of season. The Fins can trade or release him with minimal cap consideration. They drafted his apparent replacement (Noah Igbinoghene) in round one last year and Howard knows he's on his way out of town at the end of the season, regardless of performance.

This year plays out in one of four ways for him: He balls out and will be rewarded with a huge contract by a new team in 2022, he takes a step back and signs with somebody for roughly the money on his current deal, he plays poorly and takes a haircut on his next contract, or leverages last season's insane performance to get a better deal right now.

He has little to lose by trying for a new deal now. I think he'll be traded before the season starts because Brian Flores doesn't want a malcontent in his locker room.

2 hours ago, EpicBird said:

If I were the Dolphins I wouldn’t trade him, at least not until the season is over, unless they get an equal player in return. They aren’t quite in win now mode but they’re an up and coming, legit playoff team and they don’t need to take a step backward. 

Keep him as collateral for a Watson trade next season. The only weakness in Miami is their QB situation as I see it. 

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

He's not happy that the Dolphins went out and signed Byron Jones and Jones will make more money this year than Howard.