Mykal Walker reportedly bulked up to 240 during offseason

6 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Maybe he's trying to be an OLB. Pees likes the bigger OLBs in the 250-260 range.

I think he could be moved around the defense and spend a decent amount of time rushing the passer.

He did everything from covering, playing the run, and rushing the QB in college so we may see him all over the place this season.

Walker now at 6'3 240ish is a pretty big LB.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think he could be moved around the defense and spend a decent amount of time rushing the passer.

He did everything from covering, playing the run, and rushing the QB in college so we may see him all over the place this season.

Walker now at 6'3 240ish is a pretty big LB.

In Pees' last 2 years at TN, the OLBs were right at 255-256. I thought that was rather large myself.

So depending on what he’s called to do, he was roughly 230 at Fresno State & runs a 4.65 40.  If he can keep that speed with the additional 15 lbs, he’ll still be able to run and hit but with more stopping power.  Not sure what Pees has up his sleeves, but  just want to see a defense in Atlanta that we can get excited about again.  Been a long time coming.

12 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

So is it it 240 or 245?

Looks like D-Led originally said 245 but then said closer to 240.

I'd just say that he's in the 240's and could probably end up being closer to 250 later on depending on how Pees wants to use him.

I wonder does this mean Debo and Foye were asked to bulk up some as well?

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Looks like D-Led originally said 245 but then said closer to 240.

I'd just say that he's in the 240's and could probably end up being closer to 250 later on depending on how Pees wants to use him.

I wonder does this mean Debo and Foye were asked to bulk up as well?

I was confused with the ! after 240. Seems like it would make more sense to put it after 245. 

Not sure an exclamation mark is warranted after a retraction which is a tad less impressive than what you originally posted.

6 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I was confused with the ! after 240. Seems like it would make more sense to put it after 245. 

Not sure an exclamation mark is warrented after a retraction which is a tad less impressive than what you originally posted.

Yeah, it's D-Led though lol

He's not your traditional beat reporter. He's always been odd, which is why even players and coaches/exes single him out more than anyone else during interviews.

9 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, it's D-Led though lol

He's not your traditional beat reporter. He's always been odd, which is why even players and coaches/exes single him out more than anyone else during interviews.

I think it's just because his voice is kind of nasely. If he had a more firm and confident voice I don't think he'd stand out as much.