Who thinks that Cordarelle Patterson will be a key weapon for the Falcons offense in 2021?

1 hour ago, Exp said:

Could run alot of plays with Patterson, Davis, Pitts, Ridley, and Hurst; all out of the same formation. Similar to what we did in 2016. Would be very difficult to know where the ball is going and would set up some mean play action. I expect we will see alot of this.

Agree. I would like to see those players used in a no huddle offense (not hurry up) and change positions. For example, play 1 has Patterson at WR and Pitts at TE. Get the mismatches you want. Play 2, Patterson at RB, Pitts at WR. And so on and so forth. The ability to play multiple positions could cause havoc to defenses

33 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

I think he will be mostly be used on special teams as our return guy. I dont see him having that much impact on the offense. Maybe as a rotational RB/WR. I just dont see big numbers coming from him. 

I disagree. I don't think he's being paid 3mill to be a kick off returner. As one of our earlier FA signings, AS has a use for him. And we didn't go hard after a RB in the draft. I think he's going to be used more than just returning kicks or as an occasional WR.

I think he will be a great swiss army knife type guy and will definitely make some highlight reel plays for us this year.  How big of a role he has is up for debate though.  Definitely special teams, probably some RB, some WR... but how much of anything beyond special teams will depend on how those positions shake out depth wise.  

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think that Patterson will be a weapon in both the receiving and running attack. I'm not sure how much they are going to use him but I expect quite a few explosive plays from him. 

What do you guys expect from Cordarelle Patterson in 2021? How do you think the Falcons should use him?

I’m hoping they figure out how to use him. He can definitely be a weapon 

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

Agree. I would like to see those players used in a no huddle offense (not hurry up) and change positions. For example, play 1 has Patterson at WR and Pitts at TE. Get the mismatches you want. Play 2, Patterson at RB, Pitts at WR. And so on and so forth. The ability to play multiple positions could cause havoc to defenses

Agree. Half the battle is forcing the defense to blindly guess, get them back on their heels on every play. And as you said, it's gonna be twice as effective in the no huddle offense.

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

I disagree. I don't think he's being paid 3mill to be a kick off returner. As one of our earlier FA signings, AS has a use for him. And we didn't go hard after a RB in the draft. I think he's going to be used more than just returning kicks or as an occasional WR.

Patterson was one of the main guys AS mentioned when talking to the media about running a good offense after the loss of Julio.

I have tempered expectations of these types of players that are supposedly Swiss army knives on offense. I remember the hype around Tavon Austin when he came out. 

I think this is CP's second or third team, so I'll keep my expectations low and hope to be surprised 

I don't expect a lot more than a very occasional splash play. The problem with guys like Patterson is that everyone suspects a gadget play will be designed for him when they enter the game. Then, if you "surprise" them just just handing off to him, the opponent is relieved. "They could have run Smith or the quick rookie, but they ran Patterson...cool!" 

I think they could use him in a more traditional type role, but what I would like to see is the deep motion play that Ridley has killed on turned into a backside screen with Patterson.  I think if AS uses that particular look with Ridley a few times, the defenses will start the flow that way and boom Patterson has minimal traffic on the backside.