Jump to content

Kurt Warner breaks down film on Matt and Calvin.


Recommended Posts

  • Polar Bear Jones changed the title to Kurt Warner breaks down film on Matt and Calvin.
1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Some of that directly flys in the face of alot of the narratives that gets tossed around here alot......but then again facts tend to do that.

right. they will still try to spin it in their favor to fuel their lame narratives

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The national sports media were convinced Ryan was over the hill and AS and TF had no choice but to take their first pick as leaders of the franchise, a rare top-five draft pick at that, and grab a future franchise signal caller.  That was the expected move, and perfectly reasonable, almost inevitable it seemed in the weeks before the draft. The talk wasn't about whether AS and TF would take a QB, but which one did they want and would that player still be available at #4?

Props to AS and TF for being secure enough in themselves and their ability to succeed immediately by staying with Ryan rather than drafting his replacement at #4, thereby pushing all realistic expectations for a Falcons resurgence to 2023 at the earliest.

They realized whatever problems this team has, Quarterback wasn't one of them. The core strength and unquestioned leader of the team's offense is Mattie Ice. As we all know they took a perfect complement to Ryan and the offense at #4 with Kyle Pitts.

Hope Matt has a great season to shut up the pundits and the Ryan-hating fans. It would vindicate Smith's and Fontenot's decision to stick with Ryan for the foreseeable future and use that one-and-only top-five pick to really get this offense back into high gear, closer to 2016 than anything we've seen since. Thanks to the choice to stay with Ice,  I firmly believe we won't be waiting around for 2023 to see this team return to prominence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

The national sports media were convinced Ryan was over the hill and AS and TF had no choice but to take their first pick as leaders of the franchise, a rare top-five draft pick at that, and grab a future franchise signal caller.  That was the expected move, and perfectly reasonable, almost inevitable it seemed in the weeks before the draft. The talk wasn't about whether AS and TF would take a QB, but which one did they want and would that player still be available at #4?

Props to AS and TF for being secure enough in themselves and their ability to succeed immediately by staying with Ryan rather than drafting his replacement at #4, thereby pushing all realistic expectations for a Falcons resurgence to 2023 at the earliest.

They realized whatever problems this team has, Quarterback wasn't one of them. The core strength and unquestioned leader of the team's offense is Mattie Ice. As we all know they took a perfect complement to Ryan and the offense at #4 with Kyle Pitts.

Hope Matt has a great season to shut up the pundits and the Ryan-hating fans. It would vindicate Smith's and Fontenot's decision to stick with Ryan for the foreseeable future and use that one-and-only top-five pick to really get this offense back into high gear, closer to 2016 than anything we've seen since. Thanks to the choice to stay with Ice,  I firmly believe we won't be waiting around for 2023 to see this team return to prominence.

A rookie  QB would get destroyed in our o line.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, runshoot said:

Matt Ryan haters best not watch.

 

I’ll tell ya what man.  When people seriously attempt to throw out the bull crud about MR & talk about using CR as trade bait, it proves out 100% that this board has people posting who know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about football.  

The ONLY other possible option with regard to these clowns is that they are children with deep rooted personal issues who exist only to troll people.  It’s hard for me to imagine just how barren one’s life must be to cause this sort of acting out lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, AxManBigFan said:

Yea he is, I’m worried about having to pay him and Gage. This might be Gages last season with us if he balls out.

Gage is decent he aint that good lol, and i drive the bus of the gage fan club.

Edited by red falcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it was an overly pro Matt Ryan video I think he said he will be looking at some of Matt`s more questionable throws later.  The biggest thing I saw was that Calvin`s intermediate and deep route running is elite.  The problem is that with a aging qb, subpar oline and non existent run game we should be in the business of guys who can when in short areas.  This will help in the redzone and can be an extension to our run game.  Hopefully the Te`s help that this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Polar Bear Jones said:

I don't think it was an overly pro Matt Ryan video I think he said he will be looking at some of Matt`s more questionable throws later.  The biggest thing I saw was that Calvin`s intermediate and deep route running is elite.  The problem is that with a aging qb, subpar oline and non existent run game we should be in the business of guys who can when in short areas.  This will help in the redzone and can be an extension to our run game.  Hopefully the Te`s help that this year.

Yeah Warner definitely wasn't raving about ryan but people hear what they want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Drvillain said:

Matt Ryan makes questionable decisions sometimes and I really think that’s a byproduct of the falcons not protecting him throughout his career.

 

arthur smith is an offensive line guy, so hopefully he can get Matt to trust that he won’t be smacked up 50 times a season

I think part of it is that Ryan by his very nature wants to be aggressive and he wants to step on teams throat every throw.

That leads to him sometimes making not the best decisions .

He is what some would call a "gun slinger"

The problem is that those guys (Farve, Rogers,Flacco,Brees to an extent and others)  have big arms....and Ryan does not.

He has a good arm which is stronger than some idiots here give him credit for but it not that huge cannon and that bites him....when he makes up for it with timing and touch...he is among the best deep passers in the NFL.

When he does not then you see throws like the missed TD vs the Chargers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Yeah Warner definitely wasn't raving about ryan but people hear what they want.

He basically said he's more than capable,especially physically, and just wants to see more consistent decision making from him. That will come with a play caller that puts him in the right situations more consistently than Koetter did. Ryan has a tendency to make a questionable decision every now and then but I don't believe like Warner seemed to that it's cost the Falcons games on a regular basis. The Chargers game is the only game recently that I would say some of his decisions clearly cost us and Warner used that game to even highlight the positives

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

He basically said he's more than capable,especially physically, and just wants to see more consistent decision making from him. That will come with a play caller that puts him in the right situations more consistently than Koetter did. Ryan has a tendency to make a questionable decision every now and then but I don't believe like Warner seemed to that it's cost the Falcons games on a regular basis. The Chargers game is the only game recently that I would say some of his decisions clearly cost us and Warner used that game to even highlight the positives

Dirk had em in some bad spots past 2 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

Oh, so Warner claims RyanZ still has it and can make bigtime plays, still has a big arm.
 

What do you expect Warner to say? He’s not going to come out and tell the truth that RyanZ can’t play anymore.

I mentioned multiple times that he will be looking at some of the questions regarding Ryan in the next video. 

Regardless, he's a fan and why shouldn't he be if Matt is putting good things on tape?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I think part of it is that Ryan by his very nature wants to be aggressive and he wants to step on teams throat every throw.

That leads to him sometimes making not the best decisions .

He is what some would call a "gun slinger"

The problem is that those guys (Farve, Rogers,Flacco,Brees to an extent and others)  have big arms....and Ryan does not.

He has a good arm which is stronger than some idiots here give him credit for but it not that huge cannon and that bites him....when he makes up for it with timing and touch...he is among the best deep passers in the NFL.

When he does not then you see throws like the missed TD vs the Chargers.

 

Anyone regularly throwing 25 yard outs does not lack arm strength

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...