Debo is working

after his rookie year, he was talked about as the new prototype for future ILB in the league.  now he's not even mentioned as a top LB in the division.  I guess his play has dropped off since his injury but crazy to think he could have declined so fast.  really hope he can be a consistent difference maker again

33 minutes ago, falconsFTW said:

after his rookie year, he was talked about as the new prototype for future ILB in the league.  now he's not even mentioned as a top LB in the division.  I guess his play has dropped off since his injury but crazy to think he could have declined so fast.  really hope he can be a consistent difference maker again

Huh? Dude is a monster. I could care less about what the media says 

11 hours ago, 804_Falconfan said:

He looks super fast in this clip. I'm hoping for a massive season from Jones this year 

That's ridiculous and scary to be able to move that fast. Let's get that pick 6 record 

38 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

Well depending on how the season goes we're either keeping Debo or trading him to pay Foye, love both those guys, shame we probably can't keep both of em. 

See ya Foye. Not even close.

8 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

See ya Foye. Not even close.

It honestly depends on what you want. If you want a ball hawking athlete, Debo is superior...but its not a landslide decision. If you want someone who can hold up at the point of attack in the running game, Foye is superior, and its not even close. 

I don't agree it has to be a choice between the two. I think both can be had. However, if it is a choice, let's not pretend there are not things Foye is better at and that he comes at a lower cost. 

16 minutes ago, falcndave said:

It honestly depends on what you want. If you want a ball hawking athlete, Debo is superior...but its not a landslide decision. If you want someone who can hold up at the point of attack in the running game, Foye is superior, and its not even close. 

I don't agree it has to be a choice between the two. I think both can be had. However, if it is a choice, let's not pretend there are not things Foye is better at and that he comes at a lower cost. 

The choice may be swayed  by Debo having a 36 million dollar cap hit coming due 2022-2023, he  would have to have All pro season and team make playoffs IMO to keep at those numbers.

Different style defense now! The middle is light and from what I can tell there's no real road grader to protect the middle against the run and keep the guards from getting to the second level. Everyone is concerned about defending the pass, I'm expecting trouble between the tackles stopping the run. Debo and Foye are big safeties, Pees will have to scheme his butt off to keep them clean.

3 hours ago, falcndave said:

The cost of Foye will be in the same ballpark when it comes time to re-sign him. Factor in the dead money of cutting Deion after next season (21m or 17m post 6/1) it is not worth it and we are better off keeping the better LB (Deion)

Deion has not been as good recently as he has the potential to be but Scheme also plays a part in that. Even in a bad year, Deion is as good as Foye is in a good year. Let that sink in. Most praise Foye for his play last year but in reality, Deion was the higher graded player and produced a far bigger impact in what most would consider a down year for him.

Teams are building around MLBs like Deion. I like Foye but he can be replaced by Walker on a rookie deal for 2 more years for pennies on the dollar.

12 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

The cost of Foye will be in the same ballpark when it comes time to re-sign him. Factor in the dead money of cutting Deion after next season (21m or 17m post 6/1) it is not worth it and we are better off keeping the better LB (Deion)

Deion has not been as good recently as he has the potential to be but Scheme also plays a part in that. Even in a bad year, Deion is as good as Foye is in a good year. Let that sink in. Most praise Foye for his play last year but in reality, Deion was the higher graded player and produced a far bigger impact in what most would consider a down year for him.

Teams are building around MLBs like Deion. I like Foye but he can be replaced by Walker on a rookie deal for 2 more years for pennies on the dollar.

I am not going to argue future value, because I honestly don't know how they will compare.

Overall, as far as talent goes, I think we mostly agree on Debo. However, I think my evaluation of Foye is much higher than yours. As Foye's resume is shorter, I can appreciate that some need to see more to drop him in Debo's peer group.

7 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Straight cutting Debo nets 11 million in cap space after next year.  Foye looking at 4 year 50 million with 8 million cap hit first year and will easily be able to be signed with Debo monies.

Unless Debo goes All pro which IMO is certainly possible, he is one of the only reasons to watch this defense (Ok Walker at 245 is a new one) AND team makes the playoffs... cant see him being kept at his current 36 million cap 2022-2023.

He will be an asset for cap reduction at that price

9 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Straight cutting Debo nets 11 million in cap space after next year.  Foye looking at 4 year 50 million with 8 million cap hit first year and will easily be able to be signed with Debo monies.

Unless Debo goes All pro which IMO is certainly possible, he is one of the only reasons to watch this defense (Ok Walker at 245 is a new one) AND team makes the playoffs... cant see him being kept at his current 36 million cap 2022-2023.

He will be an asset for cap reduction at that price

You cannot just make moves based off savings and ignore dead cap. That's one of the reasons we are in a pickle these days. We would have way too much dead cap to do anything with him until the final year of his contract in 2023. Especially when you talk about then turning around and paying Foye which to me makes no sense. You are dropping a better LB just to sign a lower level one and still be eating the same amount of your cap space (Dead cap for Deion + cost to resign Foye)

The logical thing to do is let Foye walk & Get a future 3rd-5th round compensation pick depending on the deal he signs in FA. Mykal Walker looked dang good as a rookie, He has bulked up and will fill in fine for Foye in 2022 and 2023. We make a decision on Deion going into the 2023 offseason where he has no more guaranteed money and we can cut/trade if needed while still having Walker under contract for that season. Could use the Comp pick we get for Foye to turn around and draft a replacement for Deion in the 2023 draft.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

22 hours ago, falcndave said:

Excellent take. Not to mention the Jones we have seen the last 2 season is a big step back from the pre-19' version. I have not been impressed him the past 2 seasons at all. Still a good player, yes but not anywhere near the level that some talk about him.