Jump to content

Should we have drafted kyle Trask


Recommended Posts

Trask and Pitts definitely had a connection in Florida..I've watched alot of film on Pitts and you can't deny they seemed to always understand what each other had in mind even on busted plays..nothing guarantees Ryan and Pitts will have that same connection,  maybe they will..but instead of signing AJ just drafting Trask may not have been a bad decision to at least have that connection on the team..idk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In hindsight perspective it would have required trading up using the 3rd round pick and a late round. I wouldn't have been upset if it happened. I can't imagine how upset this fanbase would have been to know the QB of the future is also a statue. We all know QB's need to run a 4.3 to succeed just ask Tom Brady. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, falconsFTW said:

I don't think Trask is that much better than Franks and Franks was free, so no

Dang it man, idk..ol franks never had a chance..Trask at least seems to be able to make plays on the fly..he definitely needs some grooming as far as playing in the NFL but he definitely wasn't Frank's bad ever

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Dang it man, idk..ol Dominic never had a chance..Trask at least seems to be able to make plays on the fly..he definitely needs some grooming as far as playing in the NFL but he definitely wasn't Frank's bad ever

a bunch of analysis in this article about why Franks isn't a turd.  idk, he has a long way to develop but maybe the tools are there.  skip over the first half of it and get to the section 'Numbers behind the numbers' and it shows he could compare favorably vs the other QBs who were drafted this year

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/nfl-draft-2021/2021/4/15/22386126/feleipe-franks-is-the-most-criminally-underrated-qb-in-the-2021-nfl-draft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Makes you feel any better about your question...

I wanted Trask... but he only had one year starting experience with Pitts. 

Very true, but they had a awesome chemistry..maybe he and Ryan can develop something similar, I'm just saying Trask wouldn't be a bad backup imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

In hindsight perspective it would have required trading up using the 3rd round pick and a late round. I wouldn't have been upset if it happened. I can't imagine how upset this fanbase would have been to know the QB of the future is also a statue. We all know QB's need to run a 4.3 to succeed just ask Tom Brady. 

Matt upped his 40 time this offseason. He even lost weight due to a new diet. He went from 217 all the way down to 195. He also installed a turbo on his arm and is gonna run 26 pounds of boost on his arm. He’s gonna tear the league up this year. Kyle Trask n Tom Brady whooooo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Trask and Pitts definitely had a connection in Florida..I've watched alot of film on Pitts and you can't deny they seemed to always understand what each other had in mind even on busted plays..nothing guarantees Ryan and Pitts will have that same connection,  maybe they will..but instead of signing AJ just drafting Trask may not have been a bad decision to at least have that connection on the team..idk

If we would have drafted him people like you would be saying start him after our first loss. That would be crazy while we have Matt for the next two years. Let the new GM do his job!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, falconsFTW said:

a bunch of analysis in this article about why Franks isn't a turd.  idk, he has a long way to develop but maybe the tools are there.  skip over the first half of it and get to the section 'Numbers behind the numbers' and it shows he could compare favorably vs the other QBs who were drafted this year

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/nfl-draft-2021/2021/4/15/22386126/feleipe-franks-is-the-most-criminally-underrated-qb-in-the-2021-nfl-draft

I said a while back that when it’s all said and done, Franks will be a top 5 QB coming out of this class. He landed in the perfect situation. He will ball!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Trask and Pitts definitely had a connection in Florida..I've watched alot of film on Pitts and you can't deny they seemed to always understand what each other had in mind even on busted plays..nothing guarantees Ryan and Pitts will have that same connection,  maybe they will..but instead of signing AJ just drafting Trask may not have been a bad decision to at least have that connection on the team..idk

Is there a receiver that Ryan has worked with that has not done better with Ryan than without? I suppose we'll see how Julio does this year, but otherwise, Ryan has made everyone he's thrown to, better. Of all of the things to worry about this season, this is absolutely last on my list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Very true, but they had a awesome chemistry..maybe he and Ryan can develop something similar, I'm just saying Trask wouldn't be a bad backup imo

I wanted Trask to but we would've had to take him with our 2nd. Could've traded back again maybe, but would've missed on who is likely our future at safety. Unfortunately we just missed him falling into the 3rd round. 

TB got a decent pick there I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Trask and Pitts definitely had a connection in Florida..I've watched alot of film on Pitts and you can't deny they seemed to always understand what each other had in mind even on busted plays..nothing guarantees Ryan and Pitts will have that same connection,  maybe they will..but instead of signing AJ just drafting Trask may not have been a bad decision to at least have that connection on the team..idk

As a Florida Gator fan I would have loved that for the future of our team.  I'm ok due to the pieces we picked up by not drafting a QB.  BUTTTTT I can only think, bc Kyle Trask has a great feel for the game.  Mullen's system makes QB's look really good but you have to be smart to play in that system as well.  He's producing some great QB talent through his system (A Smith, Dak, Trask).  

I with ya BUD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...