Why the Falcons might actually be better off without Wholio.

It sounds like #11 was a disgruntled employee behind the scenes while eating up a ton of cap. I would not be surprised if that has something to do with why the team appeared to be divided at times. 

Maybe the team morale will be a lot better this year. It always felt like there was something going on behind the scenes the last 2 years. I assumed it was because of Vic Beasley and Takk McKinley not pulling their weight but it sounds like #11 may have been a part of the problem. 

Hopefully in 2021 the team comes out focused and full of positive energy.

Edited by Falcons Fan MVP

10 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It sounds like #11 was a disgruntled employee behind the scenes while eating up a ton of cap. I would not be surprised if that has something to do with why the team appeared to be divided at times. 

Maybe the team morale will be a lot better this year. It always felt like there was something going on behind the scenes the last 2 years. I assumed it was because of Vic Beasley and Takk McKinley not pulling their weight but it sounds like #11 may have been a part of the problem. 

I understand why you went there. Although, I do believe that Julio is a high character dude. It’s really just speculation to entertain such a thought. I really believe the Falcons’ morale issues came from collapsing in the Super Bowl and from DQ’s subsequent inability to be anything more than a catch phrase cheerleader and wannabe motivational speaker as HC. I really liked DQ, but I think his weaknesses were really exposed over the last three seasons. 

24 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Sounds like you’re bitter. It’s over he’s gone. Let it go. FWIW we would be BETTER with Julio anyone who thinks otherwise is insane. 

21 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I've never heard any credible source for him being a diva. I thank him for his service and wish him the best.

There has been rumors since 2018 he wasn't happy. We never took them seriously but now it makes sense.

17 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Eh its possible. He probably also knew his window was slammed shut atlanta wise after shanahan left. Working way harder than needed in dirk's system than necessary. I cant be made at him, but its over.

Ironically the 2 coordinators that made the Titans successful are here in Atlanta. 

8 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

He wanted out and he got his wish. No point of bringing him up anymore in TATF. Great athlete and I thank him for everything he has done. He is no longer a Falcon.

I was just trying to be optimistic for the 2021 Falcons. Hopefully all the negativity is gone which includes the coaches.

Just now, youngbloodz said:

This isn’t high school. They are pros. You don’t have to like your co workers. The Falcons never appeared divided. They appeared unprepared and that’s a direct reflection of coaching 

There were reports the locker room was divided.

8 minutes ago, jetpac said:

Sounds like you’re bitter. It’s over he’s gone. Let it go. FWIW we would be BETTER with Julio anyone who thinks otherwise is insane. 

Yes but he was too expensive though.

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

There were reports the locker room was divided.

Yes but he was too expensive though.

Never heard Julio was one of the sides, not once and would LOVE to see that link. Never really heard of a divided locker room either. The team stuck with that piece of **** Quinn, probably because it was club med with slogans.

4 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Never heard Julio was one of the sides, not once and would LOVE to see that link. Never really heard of a divided locker room either. The team stuck with that piece of **** Quinn, probably because it was club med with slogans.

for the team to shake off an 0-5 start under Quinn and then win 4 out of the next 6 games shows some pretty good unity.  a divided team probably loses 4 out of the next 6 after firing the head coach

3 minutes ago, falconsFTW said:

for the team to shake off an 0-5 start under Quinn and then win 4 out of the next 6 games shows some pretty good unity.  a divided team probably loses 4 out of the next 6 after firing the head coach

In the nfl though games at times can bounce anyway for any reason. Depends on who you play also. Unity or not quinn was not the reason the system worked. 

31 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

There has been rumors since 2018 he wasn't happy. We never took them seriously but now it makes sense.

Question is, how could you be happy since 2018? You lost the Super Bowl in 2016. Was on your high horse, because you thought that we could return to the big game in 2017. All to flat out suck 2018-2020.

Down the track we will be better off for sure.

It was a tough decision that needed to be made.

Interesting to see if we are better this year without him.

Id have loved to have seen a AS coordinated offense with him.