Falcons Above 90% In Vaccinations Received ~ Perhaps A Crucial Advantage For 2021 Season

The NFL has decided to come down hard on teams whose players fail to be vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus. If a team with many un-vaccinated players has an outbreak of covid, that team will be forced to forfeit that game and even pay for the lost revenue for any games that are not played which they're responsible for.

The threshold for when these steep measures are implemented occur for any and all teams who have less than 90 percent of their players vaccinated. Fortunately for the Falcons, our players have already reached the 90 percent total of the roster now vaccinated. Only nine other teams have achieved this mark, and those with less than 90 percent also face other mandates, such as daily testing, limited in-person meetings and masks.

With training camps about to open to begin the new season, the harsh new guidelines on Covid are starting to draw some blowback from players, most notably Deandre Hopkins, who has threatened to retire from the NFL rather than be forced to either get the vaccine or be a source of punishment to the rest of his team because of his decision to not get vaccinated.

I personally understand the NFL's decision to make getting vaccinated all but mandatory. That will prevent massive disruptions and bunches of make-up games. On the other hand I support any players ~ or persons ~ who aren't willing to take what still must be regarded as an experimental drug that has not yet been FDA approved.

The various vaccines have had some highly publicized serious side-effects, and the number and degree of these negative incidents is uncertain as there has been clear intent by federal health officials, social media and most of the mainstream medical community to minimize bad outcomes reported and play down negative side-effects of the vaccines in an attempt to boost vaccination levels closer to 100 percent across the nation.

Falcon players decided to bite the bullet and get jabbed in the name of team unity and to avoid the onerous multiple penalties and punishments that will happen to many other teams who fail to reach the 90 percent vaccinated total. With so many teams still under the limit and training camps getting underway, there seems to be a big possibility the Falcons will benefit from being among those who decided to comply. If nothing else, they'll be able to focus on their football and not on playing Covid-19 quarantine games.

What are your feelings about the Falcons players stepping up and making sure their season is not affected by the threat of Covid-19 outbreaks, nor the hassle of Covid-19 quarantine restrictions like wearing masks and social distancing? Seems this could be huge, but at the very worst prevents the team from being subject to a lot of disruptive covid quarantine requirements not to mention punitive actions by the league.

Now before checking out the link to the article, take a 2x4 and bash that LIKE Button severely about the neck and head and give this a 5-star rating. My gratefulness for your kind attention to these matters will be extreme as always.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/23/atlanta-falcons-vaccinated-nfl-news/?utm_source=falconswire&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pos3headline&env=d285247f76cb0c68eec4ee0c83dd0c50fa5f2a20476b6c9e14d9ce1617a18605

3 minutes ago, falconsFTW said:

glad the Falcons are on the same page with this.  It's a crucial issue even though so many people think the pandemic is over, and perhaps most importantly it speaks to cohesiveness in the locker room.  if we were at 50%, I bet there would be some players who were unhappy with some of their teammates

Would certainly be understandable because the ramifications of not getting vaccinated are very significant and unpleasant for your team mates. Yet you still have to respect what another person is willing to have put into their body or not.

1 hour ago, falconsFTW said:

glad the Falcons are on the same page with this.  It's a crucial issue even though so many people think the pandemic is over, and perhaps most importantly it speaks to cohesiveness in the locker room.  if we were at 50%, I bet there would be some players who were unhappy with some of their teammates

Was just saying that we seem to all be on the same page with no drama, while flying under the radar. 

And I am fine with it! 

Just now, red falcon said:

I doubt they will work unless its due to religion or disabilities. Just because they file them doesnt mean they will go anywhere. 

Nfl is a business. 

As I just responded to another person:

We will see what the courts have to say about an employer refusing to pay someone for not having a foreign substance injected into their bodies against their will...

This is impressive. Might be the most glaring accomplishment the entire off-season.

Certainly is not any of the Big Lots free agents nor would be hitting on a draft selection @4. This is actually a pretty impressive feat in this turbulent climate, especially in a southern city!

Well done for sure.

17 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Was just saying that we seem to all be on the same page with no drama, while flying under the radar. 

And I am fine with it! 

you got the cole beasleys and dhop of the world talking retirement if they have to take a vaccine lmao laughable to me..must be nice to say ill throw away millions of dollars because im just prideful af

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

Find another line of work. Its all a choice. Live by the decision you make.

Was just about to say this! 

It’s like folks are acting like there have never ever been any requirements to have certain jobs/go to schools. 

Vaccinations have been around for hundreds of years and institutions have always had “requirements” for work. Especially when it’s for SAFETY reasons.

Kinda goes back on the Private Employers have the right to run their businesses the way they want if you ask me. 

This isn't quite the same as someone's employer deciding to impose a vaccine mandate.  I'm sympathetic to the view that until the FDA gives full approval, some level of skepticism is to be expected, whether one thinks it is warranted or not (I am fully vaccinated by the way, as are my wife and oldest daughter, and by August 6, my younger 2 will also be fully vaccinated).

But in the NFL, the decision not to get vaccinated and potentially spread this virus can have massive ramifications in terms of money.  I'd wager the owners are all out of good will to give, and while I almost always side with the players, in this case I don't blame them.  The NFL isn't requiring vaccines.  They're just making sure if your team isn't getting them, they take extra precautions and have rules in place to govern what happens when your team is the one that catches and spreads the virus.