Really, Fontenot? Pass rush

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

They trust the scheme. They lost 7 games last season by less than a touchdown, mostly due to incompetent coaching, a blunder by Gurley and a goof of an onside return. I would think that the first thing they want to do before running out to sign players that no other team is signing is find out exactly what they're working with currently on roster then go from there. 

Not to mention, these old pass rushers aren't in any hurry to sign a contract and have to report to a camp in 90 degree weather. They're probably content to hang around and pick a team in a couple weeks. 

12 minutes ago, slick0ne said:

Some folks love/live to complain, homie.

True words

7 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I’ve seen this movie like 20 times now and I know how it ends.

Not since the days of Abraham have the Falcons had a true pass rusher… and it’s shown.

Find another movie that makes you happy. Problem solved

4 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Not to mention, these old pass rushers aren't in any hurry to sign a contract and have to report to a camp in 90 degree weather. They're probably content to hang around and pick a team in a couple weeks. 

I'm not sure they're in pick a team mode. They're in reassess my lofty expectations and sign the first contract my agent gives me mode starting this week.

23 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

im going to still say troffed  we blame him for everything anyway might as well keep the tradition going lol

I like that.  We have made it part of our collective culture and intrinsic to it's vernacular.  Well played sir.

15 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Boom.  I sure as **** wouldn't want to sweat my nards off if I basically knew I got a free pass to making the team anyway 

6 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Once teams start cutting players, TF will probably take a couple fliers on edge guys. If i had to pick between a legit DE and the FO changes, its the latter and its not even close. Havent been this hopeful for the franchise in as long as i can remember.

Yeah I can see that. The Falcons are #4 on the waiver wire this year. There will be lots of players waived between now and week one. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but thanks

No, I don't do sarcasm , My Grandpa taught me , if you don't have something good to say about a person.. Don't say anything.  And best of all, He taught me to pray. That,  I could not live without. And during my life , I have learned to do what the Bible says to do. "Pray without ceasing. " This is one of my greatest treasures. .. The day I realized God wants his children to talk with him continually .. without ceasing.  Now it's something I could not live without. As the old song goes.. And He walks with me and He talks with me. and He tells me I am His own,, and the joy we share, as we tarry there, None other has  ever known. 

9 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I really question how I went full pads in this heat lol. This is different 😂

Once you hit a certain age, it feels like we sit back asking how did we do a lot of things lol. You don't know how often I contemplate paying someone to come cut my grass now. 45 minutes in the heat is death

19 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

It would be nice to have at least one legit pass rusher on the outside but I didn't see an obvious no brainer this offseason to fix it. 

I honestly think they want to save their remaining money during camp and preseason in case of injury, or poor production. Plus, we have one more game this year, which raises the chance of guys missing time. It won't shock me at all if we just roll with what we have.

32 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Once you hit a certain age, it feels like we sit back asking how did we do a lot of things lol. You don't know how often I contemplate paying someone to come cut my grass now. 45 minutes in the heat is death

Man, I know this all too well. I bought a house without a yard that would need to be mowed... on purpose.

Just now, k-train said:

Man, I know this all too well. I bought a house without a yard that would need to be mowed... on purpose.

Man I promise i will trade my yard for dirt any day of the week. I buy grass killer to take care of half of the backyard but with all of this rain we've gotten this summer, it's been a complete wash. 

I always tell my wife how I hear about men talk about they want a house with a yard this and that. Not me. I'll take a yard full of sand over grass.

They have had one off season to address and fix things, with limited cap to work with to boot. Did you realistically expect every position group to get addressed after 7 months? You watch football for 3 years and you can see how absurd an ideal that is especially for a new regime only a couple of months in.