Braves @ Mets

Unknøwn

4 minutes ago, Elusive1 said:

Mr. Empty at bats himself!!lol. Everytime this bum comes up to the plate in a crucial situation I can always count on a strikeout with him..Man he is horrible!!

Sadly this has kind of been forced on us with injuries and stuff. Contreras is looking good in AAA though  

I like these 7 inning games. Wish they’d do them all the time so I can get and get out in around 2:15.  It would be the perfect prescription to speed up games. Tradition has been thrown out the window anyway so why not. May even get a few complete games

Edited by Adam Duvall

Diaz was filthy.

AA needs to get another bat.....you can have all of the pitching and the bull pen you want but if you are routinely scoring 1 or 2 runs a game....you are going to struggle to put a streak together

14 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Diaz was filthy.

AA needs to get another bat.....you can have all of the pitching and the bull pen you want but if you are routinely scoring 1 or 2 runs a game....you are going to struggle to put a streak together

Extremely sad, Braves have given up 3 runs in the last 3 games and only won 1 of them.

maybe the announce team will finally wake up to reality now and stop saying "win the next few and get on a run". This team's not capable of going on a run, the team doesn't look capable of getting over .500 and this team is definitely not capable of competing for a division title. I don't know how more more months this team has to keep playing mediocre ball for them to finally see that, you'd think with 4 and a 1/2 months of the same thing they could finally see the writing on the wall

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Kyle Muller sounds like such a cool guy. So relaxed. Love this interview.

I went to a Danville Braves game in Elizabethton, TN back in 2017. It was a doubleheader, and in the 3rd inning of the second game, the skies opened up suddenly, and the crowd of ~500 people scrambled for cover. I ended up under the elevated pressbox next to Muller, who had been charting the game from the stands. Of course, the first thing that stood out was his height, and he towered over everyone. The second thing was how skinny he was -- he hadn't yet discovered weightlifting and hadn't packed on all of that muscle you see.

Standing next to him, I asked him how fast Dilmer Mejia's fastball had been. He told me, then proceeded to talk my ear off for the next 10 minutes about baseball and the weather. Eventually he started to talk to someone else, and I checked my phone to see scores from other games. I told my son that Joey Wentz, then with Rome, had beaten Riley Pint. Muller overheard and wanted to know all about the details. Apparently he, Wentz, Ian Anderson, and Bryse Wilson had all really bonded after being drafted -- and Riley Pint was someone he knew as well. We talked another 10 minutes about Wentz and Pint.

In short, the guy that Cull interviewed after the game this afternoon seemed like exactly the same dude under the pressbox in the rain in eastern Tennessee, only now with more muscles.

7 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I went to a Danville Braves game in Elizabethton, TN back in 2017. It was a doubleheader, and in the 3rd inning of the second game, the skies opened up suddenly, and the crowd of ~500 people scrambled for cover. I ended up under the elevated pressbox next to Muller, who had been charting the game from the stands. Of course, the first thing that stood out was his height, and he towered over everyone. The second thing was how skinny he was -- he hadn't yet discovered weightlifting and hadn't packed on all of that muscle you see.

Standing next to him, I asked him how fast Dilmer Mejia's fastball had been. He told me, then proceeded to talk my ear off for the next 10 minutes about baseball and the weather. Eventually he started to talk to someone else, and I checked my phone to see scores from other games. I told my son that Joey Wentz, then with Rome, had beaten Riley Pint. Muller overheard and wanted to know all about the details. Apparently he, Wentz, Ian Anderson, and Bryse Wilson had all really bonded after being drafted -- and Riley Pint was someone he knew as well. We talked another 10 minutes about Wentz and Pint.

In short, the guy that Cull interviewed after the game this afternoon seemed like exactly the same dude under the pressbox in the rain in eastern Tennessee, only now with more muscles.

What an awesome story!!

12 hours ago, Malachore said:

Going to get a good start from Wilson and the offense is going to waste it.

They need another bat terribly.

For real. It's been pretty rough watching the lineup slowly get worse and worse. Ozuna and d'Arnaud make our lineup a good bit better. Just hope we keep d'Arnaud and Vogt as our catchers when d'Arnaud is back. I can't keep watching Smith lol