Has there ever been a sports organization like the Atlanta Falcons that appeared to be cursed for many years but they finally broke the curse and won a championship?

20 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Falcons are kind of like the Cavs and Eagles where they have had quite a few post season let downs. Lebron leaving the Cavs and leaving them for dead has Atlanta Falcons written all over it. The Eagles made it to 5 nfc championship games in like 8 years and fell short every time. A lot of people thought Philly was cursed.

I wouldn't say Eagles were cursed.

I'd say they were chokers.

33 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Has there ever been such a long thread title to ask a question that everyone and their mother knows has happened multiple times, yet here it is being asked again as if no one has ever seen it before in their life?

Oh yeah losing 25 point leads in championship games happens all the time. 

The Buffalo Bills made it to four consecutive Super Bowls..........which no other team in history has done.........and then they lost all four.

This isn't even a question. To have your hopes risen that far four years in a row and to have them crushed that many times consecutively. FFS70 would be like **** the rest......I'm done and there would even be a thread.

I understand why they get really drunk and hurt themselves before the game. The only pro fans I feel sympathy for.

4 hours ago, ROMERO said:

There is no curse. Vick ruined his whole career in Atlanta doing stupid off the field things. Julio wanting out and requesting a trade isnt a curse. That's just business. Team isnt cursed. Bad luck but not cursed. If the Falcons were cursed this team would have NEVER reached the SB. 

That's the curse. The Atlanta curse is different. It likes to put us on the cusp of greatness and then rip it from our grasp! 

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Has there ever been such a long thread title to ask a question that everyone and their mother knows has happened multiple times, yet here it is being asked again as if no one has ever seen it before in their life?

Sadly, too many will not appreciate the skill in this post.  Well done.

4 hours ago, Slumerican said:

I've been told years ago, Matt Ryans ancestors robbed a noodle factory in Japan causing many families hardship and thats why his arm is cursed and made of noodles..until Ryan makes retribution to the people of Japan and the Ramon noodle factory we'll never win a championship..

Hilarious :tiphat:

Not a curse. We have and always had everything every other team had. 
If I was magically declared GM first thing I’d do is try to scrub that negativity away. Every game we’ve ever kicked off was winnable. And losable. Sports is not weather that happens to us. Its outcome is controllable. 

Edited by Killing Floor

It's not a curse we need more talent.  Who do we have right now, Ryan, Ridley, and Jarret and that's about it and none are like even top 5 in NFL.  We have like 3 in top 15 and the rest are average.

Now consider the Cheifs.  Maholmes, Hill, Kelce, Chris Jones, Tyrone Matthieu.  2 in top 5 and 5 in top 15. 

Dimitriff really messed our team up

Edited by BLM

10 minutes ago, BLM said:

It's not a curse we need more talent.  Who do we have right now, Ryan, Ridley, and Jarret and that's about it and none are like even top 5 in NFL.  We have like 3 in top 15 and the rest are average.

Now consider the Cheifs.  Maholmes, Hill, Kelce, Chris Jones, Tyrone Matthieu.  2 in top 5 and 5 in top 15. 

Jarrett is easily top 5.

2 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

I misunderstood the post. I got it now but I just couldn't be a Bills fan. Losing 4 consecutive SBs would make me stop watching NfL football PERIOD.

If they ever do win one or if the Falcons ever win one it would make all the years of suffering worth it. It will be sweet. I saw how excited my Seahawks friend was when they finally won a SB.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, BLM said:

Hopefully Kyle Pitts and AJ Terrell can ball out. I think that Deion Jones is very underrated.

Edited by Falcons Fan MVP

1 hour ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

This post has me now convinced the OP is 14 years old. 

THE BOSTON REDSOX LITERALLY USED THE TERM "CURSE OF THE BAMBINO" TO DESCRIBE THEIR HISTORY BETWEEN 1918 AND 2004.

Might want to Google "Bill Buckner, 1986"...

I'm 40. I don't watch baseball that closely but the Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals seems like a very good example. The Expos had the best record in baseball in 1994 when they went on strike. Finally won a championship a couple of years ago.