Braves @ Phillies

Unknøwn

Just now, Adam Duvall said:

I only downvoted you first sentence. 

I hear ya.  I hate the Mutts but this team is not winning anything this year without Acuna, without Ozuna and without Soroka and with a mediocre bullpen

28 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Offense is still incredibly inconsistent. 7 runs to 1 run to 15 runs to 1 run is the story of the season on that front as well.

To your point, in the 11 games leading up to the 20-2 blowout of the Mets, the Braves scored a TOTAL of 25 runs, only once scoring more than 3 runs. Funny that in those games the Braves managed to go 5-6 with the pitching allowing 35 runs (just over 3 per game) and one of those games they allowed 9. Truly a classic case of a team not being able to put everything together at the same time. 

I will offer that a big reason for the inconsistency from game to game is that in an offensive philosophy that we have of going for the fences you leave yourself open to having to get hot in that way. We don’t have anyone on the roster talented at breaking a pitcher’s rhythm by just finding a way to get on base. We need baserunners. We’ve got bombers in Freddie, Ozzie, and Riley but no one to consistently set the table to get on base for them. Just my opinion. 

Edited by Adam Duvall

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Braves have not won or lost consecutive games since the break. They've perfectly alternated wins and loses. So, they've been what they are with this roster, a .500 team. 

Well....not quite. Well maybe for 4 to 5 days all season. And now they choke every time they have a chance to get to 500. It's become an old story.

3 minutes ago, gp_74 said:

Well....not quite. Well maybe for 4 to 5 days all season. And now they choke every time they have a chance to get to 500. It's become an old story.

6-17 in games where they had the chance, and 0-6 in those 6 games we had a chance to go above .500

22 minutes ago, Adam Duvall said:

6-17 in games where they had the chance, and 0-6 in those 6 games we had a chance to go above .500

So they've been at 500 6 days. And I believe lost multiple games in a row at least 5, if not 6 of those 6 games trying to break 500. It seems what they need more than just about anything is a good sports psychologist, b/c it must be playing head games with them by now.

The Braves are now 7-9 through 16 games against the Phillies this year. They have only 3 games left against them from September 28-30. Braves would need to sweep that series to avoid finishing 2021 with a losing record against the Phillies.

7 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The Braves are now 7-9 through 16 games against the Phillies this year. They have only 3 games left against them from September 28-30. Braves would need to sweep that series to avoid finishing 2021 with a losing record against the Phillies.

Why is that significant? We’ve had losing records against teams before.