Texas And Oklahoma Eying Move To SEC?

The other rumor that has legs is Baylor and TCU and Texas Tech moving to PAC12. As a Baylor guy I love this because there’s nobody in PAC12 football who is as good as OU. So this would be a nice road. PAC12 football is not relevant right now. 

1 hour ago, Killing Floor said:

The other rumor that has legs is Baylor and TCU and Texas Tech moving to PAC12. As a Baylor guy I love this because there’s nobody in PAC12 football who is as good as OU. So this would be a nice road. PAC12 football is not relevant right now. 

Baylor would kill it in the Pac-12. 

10 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

I’m really digging the idea of the PAC12 absorbing whatever’s left of the Big XII and a couple other schools to make it a de-facto Cali vs. Texas conference. 

13 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yep. I think it happens way before then too.

13 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

They'll be playing in the SEC before then I bet.

Both schools said they fully intend to honor their TV agreement with the Big 12. However, each schools board will meet today to discuss "athletic conferences". So today will likely reaffirm that or bring in the lawyers. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

In their meeting, OU board actually mentioned displeasure with the 11 AM kickoffs as a reason they want out of the Big 12. 

I know for sure they were pissed about the OU/Nebraska game getting slotted for noon eastern kick off... specifically that the conference didn't try to help support and push to get it moved for them.

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

In their meeting, OU board actually mentioned displeasure with the 11 AM kickoffs as a reason they want out of the Big 12. 

What???? 

I'm telling you there is no finer experience than turf in Texas at noon in September.  

From the Baylor campus police Twitter feed about 20 minutes before kickoff, Baylor vs UTSA, September 7, 2019.

To be fair, they built McLane stadium so the visitor bench receives the most direct sunlight.  But still, that's hot.

IMG_1713.thumb.JPG.8af1e607796c18c5e00bb66b378e4893.JPG

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Guess they don't know that the SEC does 11 AM kickoffs too and since Alabama gets the vast majority of the prime 2:30 CBS games Oklahoma will still be faced with some 11 am games. Guess they're thinking they're always gonna get that prime time ESPN window in SEC.

Bowlsby said the researched expansion in 2016 and are setup to add quickly but no formal discussions have happened. UCF and USF were among the teams they researched for a Florida footprint. Bowlsby also said Texas and OU alone make up 50% of the conferences revenue.

Can’t create new topic but 

breaking news!!!

BREAKING: Clemson and Florida State have reached out to the SEC about joining the conference, per @MarcRyanOnAir

FSU President-
@CurtMWeiler
"I don't want Florida State to be left behind. I consider us as part of the ACC, but I also know that we have a marquee name, Clemson has a marquee name. I think there might be people coming after us, I don't know, but we've got to be prepared no matter what the options are."

Michigan and Ohio State next 

Edited by Shadex05

Good. Please don't create a new topic about that nonsense.

Just another online guy trying to generate clicks. Another guy already tried that earlier.

Multiple actually informed groups have already stamped it out. No one from the Big 10 or the ACC are going anywhere.

I'm sure more online personas will keep making this up though, as it does generate clicks from the naïve. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Bowlsby said the researched expansion in 2016 and are setup to add quickly but no formal discussions have happened. UCF and USF were among the teams they researched for a Florida footprint. Bowlsby also said Texas and OU alone make up 50% of the conferences revenue.

I live right next to USF campus, from what I’ve heard the chatter around here is that UCF and USF are staying put… they think big 12 will either dissolve or the rest of the teams go to AAC.