Hey Rookie: Kyle Pitts, Justin Fields and more.

An hour and 20 minutes long. Please, please, please do not attempt to turn this into "the Falcons should have drafted Fields". 

The Falcons should have drafted.............  Wait.  He said not to do that.  He said not to do that. 

Seriously, we drafted the right player.  I am looking forward to seeing Pitts raw talent initially, and then watching him turn into an NFL pro.

I'm one that wanted Fields with our 2nd pick . But I was hoping after we got Pitts that we would trade back up and get Fields ! Cause Fields was the second best pick in this draft for the pick, just behind Pitts at where we drafted him.  I think Fields was the best value in this draft  "For a QB !"  

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'm one that wanted Fields with our 2nd pick . But I was hoping after we got Pitts that we would trade back up and get Fields ! Cause Fields was the second best pick in this draft for the pick, just behind Pitts at where we drafted him.  I think Fields was the best value in this draft  "For a QB !"  

If we had known we were going to trade Julio, then a package with Julio and a pick(s) would have been great. I like Fields. Idt he's going to be great but he will be good. That's really all the Bears need him to be.

21 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If we had known we were going to trade Julio, then a package with Julio and a pick(s) would have been great. I like Fields. Idt he's going to be great but he will be good. That's really all the Bears need him to be.

Trading Julio prior to June 1st would have had serious salary cap implications. The Falcons knew he was as good as gone then, but were still handcuffed

Thought ATL was validated in not pick Fields when rest of league did not until Chicago traded up for him. If he is starting this year(probably) it may destroy his confidence going forward. 

Pitts is one cool cat. He just seems to own it but very humble in the same. Like when he walks in the room everybody knows it, thats the guy.  

THE ATL is gonna love him

6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Like I've said a few times since the Draft..  I truly believe that Fields will end up being the very best pick for where he was drafted  in this draft.  Now I'm not saying he'll be the best QB period, But the Best deal for a QB who IMO.  In other words.. Fields was the biggest still at QB in this draft. I didn't say he would be the best QB, but the best deal for a QB.

Every one of these dudes is a special talent.  It's pretty amazing to watch.  I wouldn't have been mad at any of them at 4 honestly.

I think Pitts is the best player in the draft, but you never know who will break out, and the first thing you have to have to break out is raw talent.  All of these dudes have it in bunches.  Not to mention, they're all solid people with a strong work ethic.

15 hours ago, BLM said:

I wish any team but the Bears drafted him.

Why is that? Good fit for the kid no? I guess downside is he will be a problem in the NFC for us in the future. I really like Mooney as well. That kid will ball! 

On 7/20/2021 at 6:35 PM, BLM said:

I wish any team but the Bears drafted him.

Yeah that’s what I said when he was drafted. Shame he was drafted by a team that has no idea how help a qb succeed and would rather chase the ghost of 1985 instead of being in players to help a young qb be successful 

On 7/21/2021 at 10:38 AM, 408Falcon said:

Why is that? Good fit for the kid no? I guess downside is he will be a problem in the NFC for us in the future. I really like Mooney as well. That kid will ball! 

I don't think the Bears have been a good fit for a QB maybe ever.