Former Falcons QB Coach Greg Knapp Hit by Car While Biking - Updated/RIP Coach

4 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Ah man

Was hoping that he was pulling through with these couple of days since the accident. Will there be charges filed against the person who hit him or was it just a really bad accidental incident?

R.i.p. Coach Knapp. Just awful.

I had heard it was a teenage driver and texting while driving played a role. Not sure if it’s accurate 

3 hours ago, olehippy13 said:

I saw where he has died.  I hated to hear this.  my condolences to his family.

Dude! I’ve missed you and yes it’s very sad news. Heartbreaking news for his loved ones. RIP is not worthy of our words on this board. He deserves apologies because he was eviscerated during the Vick years for being a crappy west coast offensive coordinator when it turned out it was all Vick being a loser the whole time he played for Knapp. No, I’m not anti Vick, but he was anti Everything here and it cost Knapp his job. Set him back and now he’s dead. I haven’t seen one apology here from the folks that were here during those years so I’ll say it even knowing I wasn’t in the crowd, but I’m sorry Gregg Knapp. I’m sorry to your family. I’m sorry that stupid knuckle dragging fans never do or still don’t realize you’re a human being and we’re treated poorly here as fans and worked really hard and gave more than the primadonna qb ever gave back. I’m sorry. You deserved better from this fan base. God Bless you and your family. God Bless Vick too. 

4 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Dude! I’ve missed you and yes it’s very sad news. Heartbreaking news for his loved ones. RIP is not worthy of our words on this board. He deserves apologies because he was eviscerated during the Vick years for being a crappy west coast offensive coordinator when it turned out it was all Vick being a loser the whole time he played for Knapp. No, I’m not anti Vick, but he was anti Everything here and it cost Knapp his job. Set him back and now he’s dead. I haven’t seen one apology here from the folks that were here during those years so I’ll say it even knowing I wasn’t in the crowd, but I’m sorry Gregg Knapp. I’m sorry to your family. I’m sorry that stupid knuckle dragging fans never do or still don’t realize you’re a human being and we’re treated poorly here as fans and worked really hard and gave more than the primadonna qb ever gave back. I’m sorry. You deserved better from this fan base. God Bless you and your family. God Bless Vick too. 

For what it's worth, time seems to have healed a lot of that.  I spent the past 2 years pleading to fire Koetter and promote Knapp to OC.  I got a handful of the expected "you must not remember the last time he was here" (and I'm probably older than the people saying that, who likely were too young to really remember the last time he was here).  But most people were in agreement that a reasonably competent WCO/ZBS marriage would have borne a lot more offensive fruit.

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

For what it's worth, time seems to have healed a lot of that.  I spent the past 2 years pleading to fire Koetter and promote Knapp to OC.  I got a handful of the expected "you must not remember the last time he was here" (and I'm probably older than the people saying that, who likely were too young to really remember the last time he was here).  But most people were in agreement that a reasonably competent WCO/ZBS marriage would have borne a lot more offensive fruit.

Many people back then were competent enough to realize that Knapp wasn’t the problem. It was pretty obvious to even the untrained eye, but per usual the loudest voices and their minions carried the conversation. What a darn shame. Time healed for message board heroes? Ok, maybe…and Knapp did come back for another run and yes I remember and felt the same sentiment as you to promote him over Koetter but I’d say the only person that healed was Knapp for rising above all the garbage from his previous tenure. He never had a chance here. Not really, because as an offensive coordinator his QB wasn’t a professional here. At all. Later man. I’m pretty much out for good. Couldn’t let the meager “RIP’s” stand though. Peace. 

10 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Smh

These youngsters just don't get it.

Very sad if accurate because that could mean a young life could also be destroyed.

that kid is going to have to live with that for the rest of their life..criminal charges not withstanding just a horrible situation for all involved.

7 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Sorry BF. Respect given to your post, but death doesn't have to be a look back on ineptitude whether that be Vick or Coach Knapp or the fans.  I respected him a great deal and I didn't like some of his concepts but the line is blurred for those who realize he was a human and those who love a game.   Make no mistake he was a good coach and better person.