Former Falcons QB Coach Greg Knapp Hit by Car While Biking - Updated/RIP Coach

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Exactly! It's dangerous enough driving in a car.

yeah i l wont ride with you if you drive insane or easily distracted got to an accident because the person i rode with wasnt paying attention to the light turning green my side got hit was messed up for  a min 

Such awful news.  I get annoyed with bikers and scooters running me and my little dog down on the sidewalk.  They definitely belong on the street.  But this is a bracing reminder of how exposed one is - cars and trucks always win that match-up. 

Just just got to be careful about the roads you pick.  Stay away from highways and curvy and other types of roads where the motorist can roll up on you suddenly without seeing you.

I pray that healing and comfort be in God's plans for him and his family and that it's not his time to leave his family and loved ones right now.

4 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I have thought about getting my bike out of storage but I am probably just gonna leave it right where it is. You are right!

I hear you.  They're fun though.  My gym is about 2 miles from where I live and I use mine to get there as a warm-up (since I do almost zero cardio otherwise!).  Keep to a familiar area where motorists are cruising around real slow and relaxed.  That's easier to do in the suburbs but if you know your city well enough it's not impossible to come up with routes like that.

8 minutes ago, jmorrison said:

I hear you.  They're fun though.  My gym is about 2 miles from where I live and I use mine to get there as a warm-up (since I do almost zero cardio otherwise!).  Keep to a familiar area where motorists are cruising around real slow and relaxed.  That's easier to do in the suburbs but if you know your city well enough it's not impossible to come up with routes like that.

I’m over here in Vinings and they drive Cra cra everywhere! 

My daughter got hit by a car as she was walking in a school crosswalk ( my daughter was walking with the signal and had the right of way ) last spring. The collision threw her from the middle lane of a 3 lane road all the way to the curb. If she wasn't a tough piece of work ( and landed on her North Face bag instead of her skull ) things could have been ugly. She got out of it with a sprained ankle, knee, and a broken wrist.

I've always liked Coach Knapp. Plus our birthdays are the same day. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

On a side note: This is an example why people are crazy to operate bicycles on streets and not in parks, or get a stationary bike for times when they can't go to a park. This isn't the traffic and driving behavior of 30 years ago. 

You hit a bump/rock, anything in the road that makes you wiggle a split second is all it takes. Or, a driver checks his mirrors on a crowded road and looks up, and it can be too late to do anything about a collision. It's easy not to spot cyclists because their profile from the rear is basically that of a small tree trunk. All vertical and very little horizontal.

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

I've always liked Coach Knapp. Plus our birthdays are the same day. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

On a side note: This is an example why people are crazy to operate bicycles on streets and not in parks, or get a stationary bike for times when they can't go to a park. This isn't the traffic and driving behavior of 30 years ago. 

You hit a bump/rock, anything in the road that makes you wiggle a split second is all it takes. Or, a driver checks his mirrors on a crowded road and looks up, and it can be too late to do anything about a collision. It's easy not to spot cyclists because their profile from the rear is basically that of a small tree trunk. All vertical and very little horizontal.

I hate that he got hit by a car. That seriously SUCKS. I pray for his full recovery and his family.

Edited by jetpac

6 minutes ago, jetpac said:

I hate that he got hit by a car. That seriously SUCKS. I pray for his full recovery and his family.

That said, Knapp sucked as OC here and as QB coach. Trash.

You could've left that last part out.  This thread isn't about his coaching record.  It's about a human being fighting to live.  

If you want to crap all over him, go start a 'Knapp sucked as a coach' thread.  

Sheesh. 

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

You could've left that last part out.  This thread isn't about his coaching record.  It's about a human being fighting to live.  

If you want to crap all over him, go start a 'Knapp sucked as a coach' thread.  

Sheesh. 

Touche' terrible timing. Thats on me.

• Goober Pyle changed the title to Former Falcons QB Coach Greg Knapp Hit by Car While Biking - Updated/RIP Coach