Cam Jordan thinks Pitts is too small?

9 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Two things: 

1. It's going to be a rare occasion that a TE is asked to block a DE, unless it's a bump and go or the OL falls apart. It's like asking a LB to cover a WR. 

2. I actually like the Cam Jordan trash talk. He's been doing it for years and it adds fuel to the rivalry. We haven't had that since Roddy. 

How long have you been watching the Falcons?

Having to keep the TE to block/chip the DE happens more than you would like with the Falcons. Especially if the RT can't block.

Who can forget the game where Levine Tolilo had to play emergency tackle?

On 7/19/2021 at 9:35 PM, Draftnut57 said:

Kyle Pitts is 6-6 , 246 lbs.  We talked about this when we drafted him..  The dude is perfectly made to be Fast and Furious ... And is taller than Julio Jones.. Nuff said .  Get back with me after a couple of games after you get finished cheering for his play.

Which makes getting rid of Julio such a great move.  I can imagine what this board will be like if KP's overall stats eclipses or matches Julio's.

Edited by Realsurfin

16 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Exactly. He’s supposed to make it smaller so falcons fans get upset. It’s just trolling. Let him talk. Bulletin board stuff for Pitts. Never understand why every little thing a saint does bothers falcons fans so badly. Lol. A saint can never get under my skin lol. I laugh at stuff like this. But I’m also very competitive and a sh*t talker too. I grew up jonesing with my friends. You gotta be built tough for that. So what Cam said just rolled off my back. I love it actually. It’s something we say in the hood when playing competitive sports. 😂😂

Finally someone with some sense around here! My thoughts exactly 

On 7/19/2021 at 7:44 PM, Draftnut57 said:

I agree, But man,, He can move right now.. AS long as he can carry more weight , It would be fine.. But I wouldn't want him to be heavier if it slowed him down any.

That is a critical part of scouting. TF 100% thinks he is going to be fine, or he wouldn't have drafted him there. 

You don't scout for now, you scout for later. Pretty sure the scouts took into account whether or not he could add a few pounds and still be an *** kicker.

18 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Exactly. He’s supposed to make it smaller so falcons fans get upset. It’s just trolling. Let him talk. Bulletin board stuff for Pitts. Never understand why every little thing a saint does bothers falcons fans so badly. Lol. A saint can never get under my skin lol. I laugh at stuff like this. But I’m also very competitive and a sh*t talker too. I grew up jonesing with my friends. You gotta be built tough for that. So what Cam said just rolled off my back. I love it actually. It’s something we say in the hood when playing competitive sports. 😂😂

Look, that's not gonna stop me from taking shots at Winston for throwing picks like he gets a bonus for it......

😉

When it all boils down to gravy, just the simple fact that he’s already talking about our newly drafted rookie is a great sign of things to come!  
Outside of Cam making himself look dumb again, it shouldn’t bother any of us in the very least.  If Cam gets under your skin, you’re probably in rough shape lol.

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

When it all boils down to gravy, just the simple fact that he’s already talking about our newly drafted rookie is a great sign of things to come!  
Outside of Cam making himself look dumb again, it shouldn’t bother any of us in the very least.  If Cam gets under your skin, you’re probably in rough shape lol.

sounds like he scared to me 

18 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

How long have you been watching the Falcons?

Having to keep the TE to block/chip the DE happens more than you would like with the Falcons. Especially if the RT can't block.

Who can forget the game where Levine Tolilo had to play emergency tackle?

As I said, 'unless it's to bump and go'. Also, the Falcons have an entirely new staff so anything that always 'happened with the Falcons' probably won't happen anymore. I'll stick to my guns and guarantee Pitts will never be asked to line up on the LOS with the sole duty of blocking a DE. 

Edited by dirtybirds233

38 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I think Cam should be honored I didn't take a shot at him, but chose the low hanging fruit of his mediocre QB.

Exactly. Make him have to defend his qb 😂. Going at him is too easy. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Exactly. Make him have to defend his qb 😂. Going at him is too easy. 

I was about to say "and you can't defend his QB," but corners around the league proved that wrong long since.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:03 PM, TheFatboi said:

Well said, one of the best posts I have seen in a long time.

It isn't just the hood either, as the **** talking in the subs is an art as well..lol. I assume the same mentality hold true with both places, if you cant take the **** talk, then watch out because peeps see you rattled, well you might as well and sit home and play Nintendo, because you brought it on yourself and and that a tough hole to climb out of. If not, you better head back out on the court or field and bust someone in the mouth, because gaining respect back is a mountain to climb when it comes to sports!

That being said, there is nothing like talking smack and backing it up.  I remember playing RIP Hamilton in a pick up game right after he came out of Coatesville HS here in Pa. The dude simply abused me, I never played a player like that in my life (I was a HS starting PG), just next level. 30 years later I still tell the story about a blindside block I had on him. I talked non-stop and we had a good laugh after the game. I'll never forget it, nor do I want to.

3 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

It isn't just the hood either, as the **** talking in the subs is an art as well..lol. I assume the same mentality hold true with both places, if you cant take the **** talk, then watch out because peeps see you rattled, well you might as well and sit home and play Nintendo, because you brought it on yourself and and that a tough hole to climb out of. If not, you better head back out on the court or field and bust someone in the mouth, because gaining respect back is a mountain to climb when it comes to sports!

That being said, there is nothing like talking smack and backing it up.  I remember playing RIP Hamilton in a pick up game right after he came out of Coatesville HS here in Pa. The dude simply abused me, I never played a player like that in my life (I was a HS starting PG), just next level. 30 years later I still tell the story about a blindside block I had on him. I talked non-stop and we had a good laugh after the game. I'll never forget it, nor do I want to.

I got a good rule of thumb. If you can't talk trash, I simply do not want you on my team

33 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Absolutely. If you can stand the heat stay out the kitchen. 😂. It toughens you up. 😂😂😂 you got abused by RIP!! That’s a story you HAVE to tell until they put you in the dirt lol. And somebody ELSE has to tell the story at your funeral!! 😂😂😂 Good ish!! 

33 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I got a good rule of thumb. If you can't talk trash, I simply do not want you on my team

Big facts 😂 that’s part of the whole allure of sports. If you tired of somebody talking trash shut him up and vice versa 😂 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

Absolutely. If you can stand the heat stay out the kitchen. 😂. It toughens you up. 😂😂😂 you got abused by RIP!! That’s a story you HAVE to tell until they put you in the dirt lol. And somebody ELSE has to tell the story at your funeral!! 😂😂😂 Good ish!! 

Worked over like a Thanksgiving turkey but my mouth never stopped flapping. I do remember his buddies talking more smack to him then me too. Man I just flat out miss those youthful days.

1 minute ago, PointSwayzee said:

Worked over like a Thanksgiving turkey but my mouth never stopped flapping. I do remember his buddies talking more smack to him then me too. Man I just flat out miss those youthful days.

That’s the whole thing. That’s that good good old fashioned fun. No matter how bad they whip your @ss never let em shut you up or see you hang your head!! Lol. That’s actually what I love about Brady. As much as I don’t like him I respect his game and his competitive nature. That’s probably the one thing I’d love to see from Matt. When he gets pissed off he kicks @ss. I wish he’d play with that anger every game like Brady does. And it’s a controlled anger. Not and over aggressive anger. Just the I hate my opponent and I refuse to let you beat me type of attitude. Drew Brees had it too. In other words I wanna SEE that matt hates to lose. Like Brady and Brees and Cam and Peyton and Jerry Rice and steve young etc…I think that’s the only gripe I’ve ever had about matt. I wanna see that losing bothers him. I know it does but I can tell when I see Brady after a game. Ultimate competitor.