Cam Jordan thinks Pitts is too small?

I have to say I sure hope Kyle Pitts turns out to be the phenomenal player in the NFL that he already has been projected even a future HOF and hasn't played a down yet. 

The JV football plays on Saturdays.

The Varsity football team plays Sundays.

No disrespect at all to college football. 

Hopefully he stays healthy and lives up to all the hype he's been getting. He looks promising but he will be playing against the best every Sunday. 

Go get em Kyle! 💪

Go Falcons!

10 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, pretty sure Pitts will also grow more into his body as well by him only being 20 years old.

I see him being around 260-265 lbs by year 3 or 4.

If I were him, I'd stay where he's at, or 250 lbs at the most. He's big enough.

19 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

If I were him, I'd stay where he's at, or 250 lbs at the most. He's big enough.

I agree.

But I think he will put on some more pounds in muscle naturally because he's so young and will fill out his frame more.

He's already learning from the NFL's best when it comes to blocking. He'll be an even more dangerous threat because of it because it'll make him even more versatile.

11 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yeah, pretty sure Pitts will also grow more into his body as well by him only being 20 years old.

I feel there’s a very big misconception on guys in the NFL putting on 20 pounds. Kittle was 247 at the combine, present day he’s listed at 250. Kielce was 255 at the combine, present day he’s listed at 260. 

I think linemen are the only guys putting on 15-20+ pounds after being drafted, if that. Which probably isn’t even true, Lindstrom was 308 at the combine and is listed as 307 on the falcons website.

Two things: 

1. It's going to be a rare occasion that a TE is asked to block a DE, unless it's a bump and go or the OL falls apart. It's like asking a LB to cover a WR. 

2. I actually like the Cam Jordan trash talk. He's been doing it for years and it adds fuel to the rivalry. We haven't had that since Roddy. 

Edited by dirtybirds233

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don't see the issue. It's rival trash talk. 

Exactly. I heard the interview when Jordan said it and it was clearly a joke. Pretty sure he even complimented Pitts right after. 

I like Cam Jordan. Smart dude, knows a lot about the game and is good for the NFL. Nothing wrong with some fun smack talk. 

1 hour ago, TheHeartless said:

I feel there’s a very big misconception on guys in the NFL putting on 20 pounds. Kittle was 247 at the combine, present day he’s listed at 250. Kielce was 255 at the combine, present day he’s listed at 260. 

I think linemen are the only guys putting on 15-20+ pounds after being drafted, if that. Which probably isn’t even true, Lindstrom was 308 at the combine and is listed as 307 on the falcons website.

It's kind of like saying Ridley needs to add weight, When he is one of the top 3 WRs in the NFL.   :shrug:  Let both Ridley and Pitts be who they are , and trust me,, that's enough to win with.

Plus we have Hadden Hurst..  6-4, 260.  which will be much improved this season.  He's more than your average TE. I truly believe we have the best TEs in the NFL. No doubt about it. I mean , find one with better TEs.

13 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Even a stronger more muscled 255 would be dominant. 

That also allows him to keep his current speed and quickness at that weight as well. 

Really hoping Jordan drops back in coverage and see how that works out for him.

19 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Cam's just mad because Kyle Pitts won't be catching any passes from Jameis Winston.

Not because Winston needs another TE.  No, because Pitts doesn't play defense.

Even though I think Visor Boy is going to help him make less mistakes, I don’t see him changing him that much to not make bone headed throws from time to time.

2 hours ago, TheHeartless said:

Yeah, I don’t see it being a good idea for Pitts to put on anymore than 8-10 if that. 

With his game being more of athletic than strength, that will keep those skills in play.