Padres at Braves

Unknøwn

38 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Bally does not really hire the best analysts. They just go grab some former Braves player that wants something to do. Ron Gant was the absolute worst analyst I've ever seen.

Not gonna lie though, BJ and Nick Greene talking about Dansby at 2nd and his batting mechanics have gone to **** again hit the nail on the head though. But yes, saying bat > bullpen is about the dumbest **** thing ever. How many games have we scored 5+ and lost b/c of the BP? I can think of at least 5.

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

But he's not completely wrong in his overall approach. You can't use all these guys. Sooner or later you have to make the decision to trade some of them for proven talent. At least that was the plan when Coppy was here.

I guess they were afraid we had 10 Adam Wainwright’s waiting in the wings there. 

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Not gonna lie though, BJ and Nick Greene talking about Dansby at 2nd and his batting mechanics have gone to **** again hit the nail on the head though. But yes, saying bat > bullpen is about the dumbest **** thing ever. How many games have we scored 5+ and lost b/c of the BP? I can think of at least 5.

Theyve blown 10 games when leading after 6. If they just convert those games into wins then you have a 56-38 team thats running away with the East. No valid arguments that a bat is a greater need. 

4 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Theyve blown 10 games when leading after 6. If they just convert those games into wins then you have a 56-38 team thats running away with the East. No valid arguments that a bat is a greater need. 

Braves are something insane like 1-8 or something went tied after 8. It's a pretty ridiculously bad number.

24 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Yeah, they just said on radio that it might be late tonight before it starts 

Gotta wait it out too. I'm sure that they're regretting not playing through it for the bottom of the 5th. Had they done that they could have called the game. But because the Braves are the home team and losing and having made 15 outs yet the game isn't official yet. So it would have to be finished later which would throw a wrench into everyone's schedule. As it is now, Braves are looking at an extremely early morning arrival in Philly. Hope they went ahead and sent Charlie Morton ahead.

39 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Gotta wait it out too. I'm sure that they're regretting not playing through it for the bottom of the 5th. Had they done that they could have called the game. But because the Braves are the home team and losing and having made 15 outs yet the game isn't official yet. So it would have to be finished later which would throw a wrench into everyone's schedule. As it is now, Braves are looking at an extremely early morning arrival in Philly. Hope they went ahead and sent Charlie Morton ahead.

Yeah, if they were official the Braves would just take the L and hop on a plane im pretty sure. Big series awaiting them and they don't want to be tired tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

To play devils advocate ( even with myself)

There have been multiple games where the offense  failed those games aswell.

48 minutes ago, jidady said:

Y'all wanna hear something ridiculous? We've got the best run differential in the NL East.

All those preseason articles about this being the best division were comically wrong.

That’s not a surprise when you consider the Braves are 2nd or 3rd in the NL in shutouts combined with the 5 amazing offensive explosions.

But this feels like 2006 but with the NL East instead of the NL Central. Cardinals won the World Series that year but didn’t have to go through the Giants, Dodgers or Padres to do it. They also lucked up and faced the Tigers in the World Series. The 2006 Tigers are one of the worst teams of the last 15 years to make it to the World Series IMO.