Keep the Jeep. He just wants his cleats back

With the tech in cars, phones or even Tile tabs...who would even try to steal a car in this day and age? Like I get a smash-and-grab for some money inside or whatever, but taking an entire car seems really dumb.

5 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

With the tech in cars, phones or even Tile tabs...who would even try to steal a car in this day and age? Like I get a smash-and-grab for some money inside or whatever, but taking an entire car seems really dumb.

As quick as they can get them stripped down and parted off, there is definitely still big money in auto theft. 

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

Not exactly sure though over the last year or so seems like stealing cars has been a rather popular crime in Atlanta and spreading out into the suburbs. Koo was in Alpharetta for instance which is not an area you typically hear about people having cars stolen.

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

I long  for the day I personally catch someone breaking into my car. I’ve had things stolen from my vehicle in my own driveway.  Talk about feeling personally violated & disrespected. All I could think of was they were almost in my home where my family lay asleep & I wasn’t able to protect them or my property. It eats at the very soul of who you are as a man.  

I’m struggling trying to find any light side or humor in this story.  There aren’t too many things worse than a thief.  Hope they find these losers & put em away. Maybe they’ll find some surveillance tape or something geesh. 

49 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's common knowledge. At least I thought. 

well i learned something new today..i knew that was a thing.but didnt know that was still profitable especially with all the other big money scams now 

Edited by RoddyWhite84

1 minute ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

well i learned something new today..i knew that was a thing.but didnt know that was still profitable especially with all the other big money scams now 

All day every day. I work with a dude who's had 2 cars stolen out of the parking lot and an older lady who's car was stolen. All found in Atlanta on the side of the highway gutted

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

All day every day. I work with a dude who's had 2 cars stolen out of the parking lot and an older lady who's car was stolen. All found in Atlanta on the side of the highway gutted

That’s wild man.  I can’t help but feel like there’s no real protection anymore & an unwillingness to expend the resources to track down these folks. So sad for your work mates.  

2 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

So you get a smash and grab for some money inside or whatever ?????  :yikes:

7 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

I think because it is lost behind all the other chaos going on in this country.  It’s becoming unsafe.  Just be sure to arm yourself, that is all a man can do. 

31 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

whew smh awful..protect yourself at all times got to keep your head on a swivel especially in atlanta

4 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Professionals know exactly what they need to remove. And they are driven directly on to shipping containers and sent to Africa (not even a joke).

13 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Fun fact: Jeep Grand Cherokees are one of the most stolen vehicles in North America. After anything Toyota, Wranglers and GCs are hot commodities.

Source: When I worked as a manager at Enterprise Rent-a-car, they were stolen all the time.

What makes them a hot commodity? I'm not a vehicle person so I know nothing about anything under the hood

2 hours ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

whew smh awful..protect yourself at all times got to keep your head on a swivel especially in atlanta

That's the thing. We're an hour away. They literally will steal a car and drive to Atlanta and do what they need to do and just ditch it