What do you guys expect from RB Javian Hawkins in 2021?

I certainly hope makes the team given the buzz and the talent you can see on film.   As far what he will do in 2021 if he makes the team, all I can say is we'll see.  I will quote myself from a recent thread:  

On 7/16/2021 at 5:41 AM, Monolith2001 said:

His size is his only issue.   I love his running and he is a much tougher runner than his size would indicate but worry about him in pass protection.  He is fearless but so was a 15 pound heavier Ito Smith.  Blitzers are likely to just bull rush him all the time...at least I would.  Maybe Smith will never put him in that role but that will really narrow his ability to be on the field.

Mike Davis, Quadree Ollison, Tony Brooks-James, Cordarelle Patterson, Javian Hawkins, and Caleb Hultley are on the roster.  As well, as these guys prove themselves useful or not, we will look at FA when the cuts start.  As we cannot keep 6 on the roster, "thin" is not a fitting description.  "Thin" is when we cut down to 2 or 3.  Four serviceable RBs would be deep.  As of now, our RBs are unproven.  They are not thin.

I have not put all my hopes into Javian Hawkins.  He is a prospective RB.  That's all.

This is not a time of the season to talk about depth unless we need every man at a position to make the team.  Even then, FA will open up after ST and Pre-season.  If we have 2-3 RBs when the season opens, we will be thin.  There are a lot of decisions to be made before we get there.

15 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

Mike Davis, Quadree Ollison, Tony Brooks-James, Cordarelle Patterson, Javian Hawkins, and Caleb Hultley are on the roster.  As well, as these guys prove themselves useful or not, we will look at FA when the cuts start.  As we cannot keep 6 on the roster, "thin" is not a fitting description.  "Thin" is when we cut down to 2 or 3.  Four serviceable RBs would be deep.  As of now, our RBs are unproven.  They are not thin.

I have not put all my hopes into Javian Hawkins.  He is a prospective RB.  That's all.

This is not a time of the season to talk about depth unless we need every man at a position to make the team.  Even then, FA will open up after ST and Pre-season.  If we have 2-3 RBs when the season opens, we will be thin.  There are a lot of decisions to be made before we get there.

Here's to hoping Blank can start offering Home Depot gift cards to players thats willing  to play for Atlanta..95% of the guys on this team has a opportunity to make a name for themselves, because no one has ever heard of these guys

As a positive fan, I tell ya what I like.. We have a bunch of RBs to choose from.. More than any time I've ever been a Falcon Fan.  And it seems as thou they are all different types and sizes,  I think that is Awesome to say. Because we have a great chance to have several really really Good backs.. And in any size you want.. Give me the top three toughest and fastest backs in this group. And I'll be a happy fan.

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Exactly. The perfect counter balance to Davis' power running. I think he's going to get a lot of carries.

I think Patterson gets these carries you’re expecting Hawkins to get. Davis and Ollison will get the normal reps with Patterson getting these change of pace or perhaps 3rd down snaps. And for gadget plays I’m thinking someone like Avery Williams is gonna get some looks. 

At this point I’m thinking Hawkins will be lucky to make the team. 

If he had ANYTHING to offer on special teams  as a gunner(never did it), personal protector on punts( to small), returns (same), I'd say he was a home run on making team.

His pass protection in college was light out tho, which was shocking  with his size, and may speak for his being able to be gunner.

All this is based on if he is number 3, number 3 does not get snaps, got to have special team chops. 

Ollison BTW if he cant personal protect or gunner And doesnt carve out number 2 may be looking at CFL. 

Depends on what his role is this season. In general I’d be thrilled with him having a few hundred all purpose yards and him showcasing that he’s ready to enter his sophomore year with more responsibility and workload.

Edited by Snafu

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Depends on what his role is this season. In general I’d be thrilled with him having a few hundred all purpose yards and him showcasing that he’s ready to enter his sophomore year with more responsibility and workload.

This... To early to tell right now, but any contributions and flashes and I'd be happy.