Kyle Pitts - 1:46 into this video...wow!

18 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah we all know 100meter sprints are exactly like running football routes. 😳

I wonder why so many sprinters become NFL wide receivers. Maybe because they are so good at stutter stepping, 1:36 wow!! 

On 7/17/2021 at 6:10 PM, BLM said:

Yeah and I do agree with you.  tEs are not as valuable as wrs and TEs have less production than WRs so chase would have been smart

This isn't Madden. Pitts will play everywhere, including splitting out wide, and is a matchup nightmare wherever he goes. What LB or safety is going to cover a 6'6, 4.44 40 TE that is an excellent route runner with great hands? Shoot, how many CBs are going to be able to?

13 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

This isn't Madden. Pitts will play everywhere, including splitting out wide, and is a matchup nightmare wherever he goes. What LB or safety is going to cover a 6'6, 4.44 40 TE that is an excellent route runner with great hands? Shoot, how many CBs are going to be able to?

Exactly this isnt Madden.  Statistics and history shows that top WRs put up more production than top TEs.

31 minutes ago, BLM said:

Exactly this isnt Madden.  Statistics and history shows that top WRs put up more production than top TEs.

George Kittle had the 3rd most receiving yards for the 49ers and he only played in 8 games. 

Travis Kelce led the Chiefs in receiving yards and had the 2nd most touchdowns.

Darren Waller led the Raiders in receiving yards and touchdowns.

The game can change...and it does. Pitts creates a huge mismatch for opposing defenses more so than any receiver would have IMO. 

1 hour ago, dirtybirds233 said:

George Kittle had the 3rd most receiving yards for the 49ers and he only played in 8 games. 

The game can change...and it does. Pitts creates a huge mismatch for opposing defenses more so than any receiver would have IMO. 

well said.  Also, the dropoffs at positions matter as well where you have cliff drops at TE and you don't at WR near as much.

this may be a bad example but will throw this out as well.   TEs are traditionally better redzone weapons as well due to size.   For all the greatness of Julio - will be a top 3 WR of all time when career over - he wasn't much of a redzone threat - double-teamed or not.    Hopefully Pitts will be a much more dynamic weapon in the redzone - we have to get the offense going in the RZ instead of playing Captain Field Goal all the time.

3 hours ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Bro leading the team and leading the league are 2 different things.  When Mike Davis is the number one rusher for the Falcons next year, that still doesn't make him a top RB in the league.

When Drew Lock has the highest yards through the air and most TDs for the Broncos next year, that still doesn't make him a top QB in the league.

Edited by BLM

37 minutes ago, BLM said:

Bro leading the team and leading the league are 2 different things.  When Mike Davis is the number one rusher for the Falcons next year, that still doesn't make him a top RB in the league.

When Drew Lock has the highest yards through the air and most TDs for the Broncos next year, that still doesn't make him a top QB in the league.

Kelce was 2nd in the league in receiving yards last year.

On 7/17/2021 at 6:10 PM, BLM said:

Yeah and I do agree with you.  tEs are not as valuable as wrs and TEs have less production than WRs so chase would have been smart

We have Ridley

Edited by Precyse

On 7/16/2021 at 7:10 PM, g-dawg said:

You guys tell me what Tight End you have seen do this 'in-stride studder step'  10 yards into a route the way Pitts did in this video - I have probably watched this play 30 times since March and it still amazes me that a guy 6'6" tall can do that.

The play starts at about 1:40 but they do the slow replay at 1:46 and it is a freak show.

I like the catch around the 2:24 mark myself. 😏

On 7/19/2021 at 11:31 AM, dirtybirds233 said:

You are in a back and forth with a guy that is determined to be right, facts be d@mned! 

Anybody that watches the modern football game with honest eyes knows having a great TE opens up the passing game big time as it’s the QBs safety blanket. 

And if that blanket can take it to the house anytime, it’s even a bigger deal.

54 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Exactly what I was noticing in the video. If he had hit Pitts in stride half the time he would never have been touched. 

Right. His feet are always moving. Everything sails high.

18 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

You are in a back and forth with a guy that is determined to be right, facts be d@mned! 

Anybody that watches the modern football game with honest eyes knows having a great TE opens up the passing game big time as it’s the QBs safety blanket. 

And if that blanket can take it to the house anytime, it’s even a bigger deal.

If he can block like Kittle, it's a huge deal.  Because then he's affecting every offensive play we run.

50 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

If he can block like Kittle, it's a huge deal.  Because then he's affecting every offensive play we run.

The thing I hate is when teams have to take folks off the field to do things. 

If he can be a decent blocker(and I think we have a coach that’s going to require that), than that means he can be a three down player that the defense has to account for everything against.

great call! 

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

If he can be a decent blocker(and I think we have a coach that’s going to require that), than that means he can be a three down player that the defense has to account for everything against.

great call! 

He has to be a 3 down player to live up to the 'generatioanl Talent' nickname there really aren't any excuses

On 7/21/2021 at 10:45 AM, JDaveG said:

23 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

great call! 

If he can block like Kittle, this offense will be amazing.
If he is just a decent blocker, still going to be hard to stop. 

17 minutes ago, falconidae said:

If he can block like Kittle, this offense will be amazing.
If he is just a decent blocker, still going to be hard to stop. 

It’s like LBs that can run support as well as cover, they never have to come off the field AND you can do exotic things with them as well! 

Like you said, even if he can be decent at it, it will make him even MORE dangerous.