Kyle Pitts - 1:46 into this video...wow!

53 minutes ago, abcranford2 said:

The stutter move.  That is the move that will get you open in the redzone consistently.  Ridley uses it a good bit too.  I like it. 

yeah - very effective as it pauses the defender for a brief fraction of a second.

it's one thing for a guy 5'9"-6'2" to pull that off - but at 6'6"   - freak city.

kind of like dancing - difficult for a tall guy to look cool dancing - :D 

22 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah - very effective as it pauses the defender for a brief fraction of a second.

it's one thing for a guy 5'9"-6'2" to pull that off - but at 6'6"   - freak city.

kind of like dancing - difficult for a tall guy to look cool dancing - :D

Keep forgetting he's 6'6, that's a heIIuva RedZone target. Hopefully Ryan can find a way to take advantage of that.

The one element that separates Pitts from other TE’s is his ability to separate on deep routes at his size. I have never, maybe since Tony G or Antonio Gates, seen a TE that can seperate and get into the third levels; His athleticism will cause a lot of issues with LB’s that don’t have long speed and with DB’s that don’t have the height to match up with him. Dude could eventually do a lot of damage, we just have to make sure we slowly develop him along.

6 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL, no doubt.  You mean the same guy who pretended not to see the obvious advantages of drafting a freak TE in today’s NFL?  
You remember, the fake position of why a WR was the best option since Pitts is just a glorified WR playing TE.  In his typical troll fashion he took his anti-Pitts (schtick/act/rhetoric) to standup comedian show levels.  Then pretended we couldn’t see what he was doing.  Why?  LOL, who knows. The track record indicates a passive aggressive spirit of purposeful agitation imo though.
LOL, the guy who always takes that abrasive, killjoy position.  Oh look the board is excited about the next possible great TE prospect…akin to a Waller, a Kittle, or a Kelce…

oh, naw, we need the WR.  I’ll just pretend that I can’t see all the crazy play disguises we can do with him, or the fact that AS is a masterful user of TE sets with a proven track record.  

and so on & so on… :rolleyes:

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/Hardest-Positions-in-Football

Tight-end ranked 8th, WR 16th. 🥸

Hash, I don’t agree with his rankings per se (how can QB be 3rd?), but….anyone with a football I.Q. > 50 knows TE is the much more difficult position to master > wide receiver.

21 hours ago, g-dawg said:

You guys tell me what Tight End you have seen do this 'in-stride studder step'  10 yards into a route the way Pitts did in this video - I have probably watched this play 30 times since March and it still amazes me that a guy 6'6" tall can do that.

The play starts at about 1:40 but they do the slow replay at 1:46 and it is a freak show.

He’s definitely the real deal!

59 minutes ago, Vandy said:

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/Hardest-Positions-in-Football

Tight-end ranked 8th, WR 16th. 🥸

Hash, I don’t agree with his rankings per se (how can QB be 3rd?), but….anyone with a football I.Q. > 50 knows TE is the much more difficult position to master > wide receiver.

I don’t agree with those rankings either but BLM was just being antagonist about the TE position in general & the extra attention he needed about Pitts specifically lmao.

There’s a lot to be said about offensive linemen in general tasked with blocking defenders without holding so I am in agreement there.  The QB position is by far the most difficult for a plethora of combined reasons.  CB easily falls into the second slot.  

7 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL, no doubt.  You mean the same guy who pretended not to see the obvious advantages of drafting a freak TE in today’s NFL?  
You remember, the fake position of why a WR was the best option since Pitts is just a glorified WR playing TE.  In his typical troll fashion he took his anti-Pitts (schtick/act/rhetoric) to standup comedian show levels.  Then pretended we couldn’t see what he was doing.  Why?  LOL, who knows. The track record indicates a passive aggressive spirit of purposeful agitation imo though.
LOL, the guy who always takes that abrasive, killjoy position.  Oh look the board is excited about the next possible great TE prospect…akin to a Waller, a Kittle, or a Kelce…

oh, naw, we need the WR.  I’ll just pretend that I can’t see all the crazy play disguises we can do with him, or the fact that AS is a masterful user of TE sets with a proven track record.  

and so on & so on… :rolleyes:

I was anti Pitts prior to drafting him so definitely wasn't a kill joy.  See if we traded down for Sewell, or drafted chase, there wouldnt even be anything going on right now.  What's wrong with getting excited about sewell

17 minutes ago, BLM said:

I was anti Pitts prior to drafting him so definitely wasn't a kill joy.  See if we traded down for Sewell, or drafted chase, there wouldnt even be anything going on right now.  What's wrong with getting excited about sewell

not the best player in this draft thats whats wrong 

19 minutes ago, BLM said:

Dude, we hashed through this so many times predraft that it’s as old as the crust on your underwear.

You know this had little to do with Sewell & much more about your poor position regarding Pitts.  So please stop playing the scatterbrained angle man. 

We all laid out our reasoning ad nauseam back then.  No way am I going to go redredge all of our winning positions on the matter again.  But since it’s probably still available to read, please feel free to go educate yourself again.  Seems like you learned very little since then. :tiphat:

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Dude, we hashed through this so many times predraft that it’s as old as the crust on your underwear.

You know this had little to do with Sewell & much more about your poor position regarding Pitts.  So please stop playing the scatterbrained angle man. 

We all laid out our reasoning ad nauseam back then.  No way am I going to go redredge all of our winning positions on the matter again.  But since it’s probably still available to read, please feel free to go educate yourself again.  Seems like you learned very little since then. :tiphat:

Yeah and I do agree with you.  tEs are not as valuable as wrs and TEs have less production than WRs so chase would have been smart

Wow, what amazing stutter stepper! I like when he stutter steps and head fakes for almost a full second before crossing the line of scrimmage after the ball is snapped. I've heard that a cornerback will just fall down and go into convulsions after witnessing it. The only problem is that Matt Ryan now looks like he is in the front row of a general admission Beatles reunion concert with special appearances by Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa, and D. B. Cooper. In other words, he is sacked and lying on the ground in pain.

Has anyone ever seen Usain Bolt stutter step in a race? Or fake around a bit before leaving the starting blocks? I haven't. Get gone silly receiver! Run your route! Outrun your defender or lose him with a crisp direction change or double move as the play was designed. Fake and stutter step after you catch the ball. The clock has started and Matt Ryan is about to be sacked yet again. Go!

38 minutes ago, Dirtier Bird said:

Wow, what amazing stutter stepper! I like when he stutter steps and head fakes for almost a full second before crossing the line of scrimmage after the ball is snapped. I've heard that a cornerback will just fall down and go into convulsions after witnessing it. The only problem is that Matt Ryan now looks like he is in the front row of a general admission Beatles reunion concert with special appearances by Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa, and D. B. Cooper. In other words, he is sacked and lying on the ground in pain.

Has anyone ever seen Usain Bolt stutter step in a race? Or fake around a bit before leaving the starting blocks? I haven't. Get gone silly receiver! Run your route! Outrun your defender or lose him with a crisp direction change or double move as the play was designed. Fake and stutter step after you catch the ball. The clock has started and Matt Ryan is about to be sacked yet again. Go!

Yeah we all know 100meter sprints are exactly like running football routes. 😳

1 hour ago, Dirtier Bird said:

Are you saying that a receivers release off the line isn't part of how they get open?

47 minutes ago, Southern California Liar said:

Are you saying that a receivers release off the line isn't part of how they get open?

I’m saying Pitts often takes too long. One head fake to get past press coverage is fine. Watch Pitts release, eventually he does. 

Even in the quoted video, the stutter step does nothing to help him or hinder defenders in any way. 

1 hour ago, Dirtier Bird said:

I’m saying Pitts often takes too long. One head fake to get past press coverage is fine. Watch Pitts release, eventually he does. 

Even in the quoted video, the stutter step does nothing to help him or hinder defenders in any way. 

Doubling Down on WRONG

6 hours ago, Dirtier Bird said:

I hate to disagree, actually I don't :), but the stutter step is a fantastic way to get separation if you know you can accelerate faster than the guy covering you.   Slow down and the defender has to slow down or completely overrun you, and then accelerate away.  Also, sets the defender up for an under route at a later time.    

You see basketball players using the stutter all the time to get separation as they cut toward the basket.

Edited by brewman