PFF predicts Ridley leads the league in receiving yards

This won't be a popular take, but I think the Falcons would need to have a really troubling season for that to happen. If things are going well, I think AS will engage in some totally intentional ball control.  AS absolutely goes for big plays off of play action, but he also typically tries to control the clock with a lead. 

I hope we don't need to put enough air under the ball for that to happen. I'm sure PFF is probably only projecting us for 5-7 wins if they are projecting that much passing yardage. Correct??

On 7/16/2021 at 7:09 AM, ya_boi_j said:

What say you? Does he continue to have success as the key go to guy or does he take a step back. I think as long as he stays healthy,he has a shot. 

well they say when you havent got a prayer...you got a prayer in memphis. so he has a shot to me

On 7/16/2021 at 7:19 AM, Knight of God said:

I know that people hate this, but football is more than one persons stats. Julio had a strong understanding of that and this is why the loyal following to the guy. 

On to REAL football. Davis is a deadly pass catcher out of the backfield, as are Hawkins and Patterson. Huntley is a decent if not good receiver as well. Hurst is fast, really fast. Like faster than some wideouts, he just needs to work on his routes and footwork for separation. Pitts is a scary wildcard, Gage is like Sanu, and Sharpe is dangerous. With just 2 WRs and 2 TEs along with any of those RBs, we are looking at 4 to 5 DBs and at least one or two LBs in constant coverage. Against our guys, the LBs are mostly (MOSTLY) just bodies. So, that said, Riley is getting open a lot. A LOT. I believe game one will see a lot of doubles on Pitts. We're talking a slot and safety. So, it's realistic to say Riley will lead many categories and likely the team and league in receptions and yards. 

I agree with the article. 

Ridley is certainly capable of leading the league in receiving yards. Heck, he had the most 100 yard receiving games in 2020. 

What I hope is that if that is the case, that it just means that the offense was a well oiled machine and that Ryan ends up throwing for a ton of yards too with a lot of YPA. In other words, other guys are also racking up yards and the Falcons possibly have multiple 1000 yard receivers, which has happened before (almost had 3 in 2012).

On 7/16/2021 at 3:19 PM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Pitts is going to be a redzone monster. That will likely be his biggest contribution as a rookie

True , but we need to keep the opposing D#s guessing.  So we do need to spread the ball to Ridley, Hurst, Pitts, and the other WRs, 

2 hours ago, Dirtier Bird said:

PFF is just insane. Ridley isn't even going to get the most receiving yards on our team. Haven't they seen Pitts' stutter step? Wow!!

Don't know how you can say that. With JJ gone and Ridley had way more than anybody on the team last year. Don't be fooled.. Ridley is The best WR on this team now.. Ridley had more yards than JJ last year, And had more yardage than anybody last year. And you think Ridley is not going to have the most yards?  His chance is much higher than last year when he did have the most yards. You've got to remember, Pitts is  a rookie.. Maybe in 2022 Pitts may very well be the highest target on the team.. But not yet. Not just yet. Rookie year for my favorite player on the team now. But he'll have a rookie year just like all other rookies.. It's a learning process. But sure.. He'll have a great Rookie year IMO.  But I'd say Ridley will hold most yards by season end. 

And next year sure,, The sky is the limit for Pitts, But you have to remember that Ridley is one of the best WRs in the NFL .. PERIOD !  To be able to say this about both of these players is amazing.. This much talent on this team at WRs and TEs ..  :tiphat: