PFF predicts Ridley leads the league in receiving yards

I know that people hate this, but football is more than one persons stats. Julio had a strong understanding of that and this is why the loyal following to the guy. 

On to REAL football. Davis is a deadly pass catcher out of the backfield, as are Hawkins and Patterson. Huntley is a decent if not good receiver as well. Hurst is fast, really fast. Like faster than some wideouts, he just needs to work on his routes and footwork for separation. Pitts is a scary wildcard, Gage is like Sanu, and Sharpe is dangerous. With just 2 WRs and 2 TEs along with any of those RBs, we are looking at 4 to 5 DBs and at least one or two LBs in constant coverage. Against our guys, the LBs are mostly (MOSTLY) just bodies. So, that said, Riley is getting open a lot. A LOT. I believe game one will see a lot of doubles on Pitts. We're talking a slot and safety. So, it's realistic to say Riley will lead many categories and likely the team and league in receptions and yards. 

I agree with the article. 

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I know that people hate this, but football is more than one persons stats. Julio had a strong understanding of that and this is why the loyal following to the guy. 

On to REAL football. Davis is a deadly pass catcher out of the backfield, as are Hawkins and Patterson. Huntley is a decent if not good receiver as well. Hurst is fast, really fast. Like faster than some wideouts, he just needs to work on his routes and footwork for separation. Pitts is a scary wildcard, Gage is like Sanu, and Sharpe is dangerous. With just 2 WRs and 2 TEs along with any of those RBs, we are looking at 4 to 5 DBs and at least one or two LBs in constant coverage. Against our guys, the LBs are mostly (MOSTLY) just bodies. So, that said, Riley is getting open a lot. A LOT. I believe game one will see a lot of doubles on Pitts. We're talking a slot and safety. So, it's realistic to say Riley will lead many categories and likely the team and league in receptions and yards. 

I agree with the article. 

Absolutely.  Ridley was capable in Koetters rolling ball of suck.  He may be scary in a cohesive offense.

He’s very good and improving. All NFL starters are very good. He’s sure to be the yard leader among ATL receivers. He’s certainly good enough to be all pro. OK. Get it. I don’t doubt for an instant that he could be the league leader.  
And you have to assume he’ll be a big target for Ryan. 

44 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I hope not. A WR leading the league in receiving yards is usually a bad thing. It means that you don't have/are targeting other players to throw to. It makes you predictable.

Okay, I was gonna ask for clarification of this statement, then I realized that you meant if a wide receiver on the Falcons led the league in yards it's not good for our offense. 

9 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I just hope his TDs stay in double digits. I don't care if he gets 1,100 or 1,700 yards. My one knock with Julio was he was not that red zone threat. Catches and 1st downs are important, but scoring TDs rather than FGs wins games

Yeah I'm definitely one of those that prefers a high TD output over a lot of fluff yardage. Because I mean you can get down the field all you want but if you don't score any points on that drive then are those yards even worth holding in high regard?

25 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I just hope his TDs stay in double digits. I don't care if he gets 1,100 or 1,700 yards. My one knock with Julio was he was not that red zone threat. Catches and 1st downs are important, but scoring TDs rather than FGs wins games

This, right here.

49 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Yep down in the Red Zone is where Rid needs to shine. But, he's going to be double covered so he may end up as a decoy pretty much like Julio was most of the time and somebody else may end up with more TD catches.

In the last FF season, I drafted Kelcie first and Ridley second rd.. knowing that JJ has slowed down. Helped me win both FF leagues. Now everybody knows. If I can't get one of these players. I'm going to take a shot at Pitts to fill that void. And hope he catches on really fast. I may actually need to take Ridley first and Kelcie in the second. If Kelcie is gone,, I think Pitts will be there in the 3rd round.  B)

5 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Absolutely.  Ridley was capable in Koetters rolling ball of suck.  He may be scary in a cohesive offense.

Rolling ball of suck is probably the most accurate description of Koetter's offense ever.  Well done!

4 hours ago, hjerry said:

I hope not. A WR leading the league in receiving yards is usually a bad thing. It means that you don't have/are targeting other players to throw to. It makes you predictable.

Julio was 2nd in the league in receiving yards in 2016 and 2017, team did alright.

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Yep down in the Red Zone is where Rid needs to shine. But, he's going to be double covered so he may end up as a decoy pretty much like Julio was most of the time and somebody else may end up with more TD catches.

Pitts is going to be a redzone monster. That will likely be his biggest contribution as a rookie