Jump to content

Lets talk about Darren Hall/Peas Defense and do we have a number 3 outside guy?


Recommended Posts

For what it's worth, I think people are sleeping on Moreau.  I would love to see another vet brought in, but really, Hall is in a good place to learn and grow.  Moreau is playing for a contract next season.  He's a ball hawk and my guess is that the chances for takeaways will be there with Coach Pees schemes.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Herr Doktor said:

For what it's worth, I think people are sleeping on Moreau.  I would love to see another vet brought in, but really, Hall is in a good place to learn and grow.  Moreau is playing for a contract next season.  He's a ball hawk and my guess is that the chances for takeaways will be there with Coach Pees schemes.  

 

Dont know about  sleeping on Moreau, he is only other guy on roster who has had productive snaps covering outside, and bargain shopping he is the guy and could be worse, glad we got him. 2 years ago he was at least NFL average , and last year WFT put him at slot and his production sunk. On this team NFL average  as constructed average is number 2

Hall in a good  place to learn and grow on the slot or outside? If outside, I dont see anything that he brings that Oliver nor Sheffield does not.

They cant cover outside receivers. 

AJ/ Moreau are outside, Oliver Sheff and Hall are slots, who are we most comfortable with outside because all three are making roster. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

I'm not complaining, but it seems he would warrant a better contract than 1.12 million. We really needed that type of player at that price in a position that was lacking. I'm half excited about our secondary if we can get any kind of pressure on the qbs. Some of these guys are ballhawks 

I'm not nearly as excited about Hall or Hawkins as most here. I think they are ok. I liked Moreau in Washington but even then I thought he would do better in Baltimore where the playbook is simpler. From everything I know, that was the main issue and has been.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 7:17 PM, Knight of God said:

Because most on TATF want names. Not actual football players. If they aren't All Pro they are trash. 

Many fail to realize that a good mix of good to great players, solid pros, and glue guys is what makes a team great. Not big names all around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I'm not nearly as excited about Hall or Hawkins as most here. I think they are ok. I liked Moreau in Washington but even then I thought he would do better in Baltimore where the playbook is simpler. From everything I know, that was the main issue and has been.

I was thinking Moreau, Grant, and Harmon as the ballhawks. I do like Hawkins as a box safety. Let's remember he was the more cerebral safety when paired with Ashtyn Davis. I don't have an opinion either way on Hall yet.. just don't know enough about him

Edited by Mister pudding
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sui_Generis said:

Because most on TATF want names. Not actual football players. If they aren't All Pro they are trash. 

Many fail to realize that a good mix of good to great players, solid pros, and glue guys is what makes a team great. Not big names all around. 

We have names on this roster for real. Especially at Safety. At worst, Grant will be our Second best guy behind Harmon. If you have good safeties, your corners can be so-so and that's Moreau. You don't want awesome corners and so-so safeties. We have awesome flashy LBs and one of the best DLmen in the league. Bullard is pretty decent and we have a bunch of unprovens. We could use a corner, but probably need Edge even more. If we're going to rush 5, they may be right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I was thinking Moreau, Grant, and Harmon as the ballhawks. I do like Hawking as a box safety. Let's remember he was the more cerebral safety when paired with Ashtyn Davis. I don't have an opinion either way on Hall yet.. just don't know enough about him

I'm not a fan of Hawkins over Harris in the box. Erik Harris is another overlooked guy coming from a bad system. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...