Trading Julio Jones

Y’all are fkg nauseating man.

Why can’t some of you just forget about this dude????????

I don’t give 3 fks about this dude anymore. It’s so obvious why we got rid of the guy & yet babies here need to get all in their feelings about the reasoning or how we could have been & how we’re gonna be.

I swear man. Seriously, who gives a flying fk, the dude is long gone.  We’ll be how we’ll be, he’ll be who he’ll be & you’ll still be sucking your thumb under your bed in the fetal position because you’re all worried about it.  So caught up in your own ego that you just have to be right about it or you’ll just die.  Lmao, get some help.  Let it go.

Sure would be nice if we could move these JJ threads outta here again.  

21 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

"We're always going to be talking about team. We're never going to be talking about one individual....."

Did I just hear "No sacred cows?!"  :lol:  Everything he says is such a refreshing change from Gel Boy. Think we got the best GM out there to get this roster back into sound fiscal shape as well as physical shape.

yeah the problem w/ T-diddy-bike-shorts was once he drafted a player and they had any modicum of success, he would be re-signed no matter the cost - which led to several overpaid contracts.

The absolute WORST GM and Owner move I ever saw was when they caved to Julio on re-doing his contract.  Good organizations just don't do that.   That was the beginning of the end for the Falcons from a team-building perspective and cap management.

...and sometimes, you let a good player go that wants to be paid like a great player.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:52 PM, PointSwayzee said:

He wanted gone, and this "apparently" started in 18', was because he saw this team as a sinking ship and was absolutely correct in his assessment. He was never a cancer and never once based Quinn or the anyone else for that matter.

Listen, I think what he did was chicken ****, but this team is not better without Julio. Not even close. In addition, the premise of Pitts getting his career started correctly (work habit wise)under Jones, and learning Jones's habits much like he did from Roddy and Tony G.

Necessary move yes, best move just sounds like your butthurt.

Just let them save face on why the greatest receiver to ever play for this team wanted to get away from this ****ty franchise. They have to delude themselves daily that this team is anywhere close to being legitimate. It takes 20/20 vision to see why he didn’t want to finish his career on a sinking ship. It gets old. These guys just have  rose colored lenses embedded in there eyeballs😂. I completely understand Julio not wanting to play another down for this snake bitten team. He’s not a loser. That **** probably makes him twitch at night. Most people wouldn’t understand. Especially Tatf. They’re masochist. 

22 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Actually saw someone wearing that TShirt recently. It was a military thing though, not a falcons thing. 

The embrace the suck thing was from the navy seals training that Quinn put the team through in the 2016 offseason.  it paid off well that season but I think he tried it again the next offseason and it didn't take

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/05/11/atlanta-falcons-nfl-training-navy-seals-dan-quinn-matt-ryan

4 hours ago, Jerz said:

Just let them save face on why the greatest receiver to ever play for this team wanted to get away from this ****ty franchise. They have to delude themselves daily that this team is anywhere close to being legitimate. It takes 20/20 vision to see why he didn’t want to finish his career on a sinking ship. It gets old. These guys just have  rose colored lenses embedded in there eyeballs😂. I completely understand Julio not wanting to play another down for this snake bitten team. He’s not a loser. That **** probably makes him twitch at night. Most people wouldn’t understand. Especially Tatf. They’re masochist. 

If he didn't want to play here then he could have requested a trade instead of digging in his heels for an early extension.  He could have gotten that same money or more from another team.  

10 hours ago, falconsFTW said:

If he didn't want to play here then he could have requested a trade instead of digging in his heels for an early extension.  He could have gotten that same money or more from another team.  

Can’t wait until the truth surfaces, some of you will REALLY be mad.

9 hours ago, jetpac said:

Can’t wait until the truth surfaces, some of you will REALLY be mad.

mad about what exactly?  Some people act like Blank and Dimitroff held a gun to Julio's head and made him sign the extension.  Julio and his agent were the ones banging the table for the falcons to pay him more.  if he really wanted out, he should have played out the deal or gotten to the years where his frontloaded contract made him tradeable

1 hour ago, falconsFTW said:

mad about what exactly?  Some people act like Blank and Dimitroff held a gun to Julio's head and made him sign the extension.  Julio and his agent were the ones banging the table for the falcons to pay him more.  if he really wanted out, he should have played out the deal or gotten to the years where his frontloaded contract made him tradeable

Nah this was def on Julio. Agreed.

On 7/16/2021 at 5:43 PM, HASHBROWN3 said:

Y’all are fkg nauseating man.

Why can’t some of you just forget about this dude????????

I don’t give 3 fks about this dude anymore. It’s so obvious why we got rid of the guy & yet babies here need to get all in their feelings about the reasoning or how we could have been & how we’re gonna be.

I swear man. Seriously, who gives a flying fk, the dude is long gone.  We’ll be how we’ll be, he’ll be who he’ll be & you’ll still be sucking your thumb under your bed in the fetal position because you’re all worried about it.  So caught up in your own ego that you just have to be right about it or you’ll just die.  Lmao, get some help.  Let it go.

Sure would be nice if we could move these JJ threads outta here again.  

tell em how you really feel lol 

1 hour ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

tell em how you really feel lol 

It is indeed how I feel personally.  In this forum it can be a place where we roll around in the slop of the past & allow our personal connection to a player to prevent us from connecting with the possibilities of our future without that player.  
Some here, use the player, by elevating him above the team as a whole, as a means of venting personal issues and/or trash talking the team in general.

Julio, as awesome as he is as a player, is not above the team or the overall welfare of the team.  He was a part of the team up until his presence became disadvantageous to it’s continued welfare. 
To continue to live in the past only serves people’s personal agendas.  

If a team is to remain a healthy entity, it needs to make difficult decisions.  The staff made critical, well thought out decisions regarding who would stay & who would go.  I agree with those decisions as they were based upon sound logic.  

Those that may not agree, are more apt to backbite & continue living in the past & dwell on it as a means of exorcising their personal demons so to speak …lol.

Oftentimes those personal perspectives reflect unresolved problems they choose to continue laundering on the forum.  When that becomes clear to me, I choose to vocalize my preference to move on. & just let go of a guy whose no longer part of our future plans. 

16 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

It is indeed how I feel personally.  In this forum it can be a place where we roll around in the slop of the past & allow our personal connection to a player to prevent us from connecting with the possibilities of our future without that player.  
Some here, use the player, by elevating him above the team as a whole, as a means of venting personal issues and/or trash talking the team in general.

Julio, as awesome as he is as a player, is not above the team or the overall welfare of the team.  He was a part of the team up until his presence became disadvantageous to it’s continued welfare. 
To continue to live in the past only serves people’s personal agendas.  

If a team is to remain a healthy entity, it needs to make difficult decisions.  The staff made critical, well thought out decisions regarding who would stay & who would go.  I agree with those decisions as they were based upon sound logic.  

Those that may not agree, are more apt to backbite & continue living in the past & dwell on it as a means of exorcising their personal demons so to speak …lol.

Oftentimes those personal perspectives reflect unresolved problems they choose to continue laundering on the forum.  When that becomes clear to me, I choose to vocalize my preference to move on. & just let go of a guy whose no longer part of our future plans. 

well said 

On 7/15/2021 at 9:27 PM, 4dabirds said:

I see it differently with Julio. Julio wanted out because he knows the Falcons don’t have the cap space or desire to give him an extension. The new front office was just going to let him either play out his current contract, or trade/cut him next year; at which point he is 33/34 and not likely to get anything more than a two-year deal from some other team at that point. Yes, Julio wants to win, but Julio has always been about getting paid his market value, and since he’s close to the end of his career, he’s going to get everything he can while he can, and on his own terms. Julio will look for the Titans to give him some sort of extension on the current deal, and then he may play for someone else on a one year deal to finish up his career. Julio is a great player/teammate, but he's also unapologetic about his compensation demands, as he should be. The time for Julio to make a move was this offseason while he still had the high-profile status as one of the best in the game; it’s about money and not about any sort of animosity toward the team or organization.

It wasn’t about money tho... ijs